Group Financial Accountant
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Vilma Kurpreka
Date posted 22 March 20192019-03-22 2019-05-21 accountancy Northamptonshire Northamptonshire GB GBP 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Financial Accountant - £40000 - £45000- Northampton- FTSE250
Are you a qualified accountant working or have worked within audit wanting to make that first move into industry and seeking a progressive role in an award-winning group that are recognised for hiring the highest calibre of candidates?
This is a truly fantastic opportunity based in Northampton. My client, a highly profitable and growing business embedded within a FTSE listed group are looking to recruit a Group Financial Accountant. The primarily focus of this role is to support the financial accounting team in preparing all statutory reporting and maintaining financial control within the organisation.
Main Accountabilities include:
- Responsibility for preparation of year end statutory accounts.
- Producing financial statements alongside IFRS, including the liaising with external auditors/ regulators.
- Lead the balance sheet control process across the Group and review team’s balance sheet reconciliations.
- Improve the quality of the control accounts and take ownership of intercompany accounts.
- Take responsibility for implementing process changes to streamline procedures.
- P&L reporting and regular financial performance reporting.
- Working with senior management on ad-hoc projects.
The successful candidate with be a fully qualified chartered accountant (ACA or ACCA) that is highly academic. Detailed knowledge of stat accounting, internal controls and balance sheet reconciliations is highly beneficial in order to succeed in this role. If you are ambitious with potential to progress through the organisation then do not hesitate to apply. CVs are being reviewed on a daily basis. Practice background candidates are highly encouraged to apply.