Fixed Assets Accountant
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Xavier Parisi
Date posted 05 March 2019 2019-03-052019-04-04 property-and-housing Chadderton Greater Manchester GB GBP 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A leading national property and housing organisation, based in Chadderton, are looking to recruit an experienced Fixed Assets Accountant to assist them during an extremely busy period.
The Role and Responsibilities of the Fixed Assets Accountant position will include:
- Take ownership of fixed asset accounting for relevant subsidiaries, ensuring the fixed asset registers are accurate and up-to-date.
- Produce full monthly fixed asset analysis with commentary and analysis of movements.
- Support monthly and year end process by ensuring that all fixed asset and grant-related reports are accurate and produced in a timely fashion; liaising with External Auditors as required.
- Ensure internal and external audit recommendations relating to fixed assets are reviewed and implemented.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of applicable accounting standards and regulations; ensuring the impact to fixed assets of any changes is interpreted, reviewed and applied in a timely manner.
- Take functional responsibility for the fixed asset workstreams and output as part of the overall balance sheet reconciliations process.
- Undertake ad hoc financial analysis/forecasting to support the business in effective and informed decision-making.
- Accurate and timely analysis of fixed asset additions and disposals is produced to support management reporting and decision making.
- Fixed asset and grant statutory accounts notes are completed in accordance with required timescales for audit to ensure high quality unqualified accounts are delivered.
- Fixed asset additions and disposals are accounted for and reported within required timescales.
- High quality analysis / forecasting is provided on fixed assets and grant to support effective decision making.
The successful individual will;
- Be ideally CIMA / ACCA qualified or QBE and overseas equivalent
- Have experience of fixed asset accounting
- Have strong excel and systems skills
- Be available at short notice
If you would like to apply for this Fixed Assets Accountant role or find out more, please apply online or contact Xavier Parisi at Robert Walters on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 214 7405.