Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Neil Rogerson
Date posted 07 February 2019 2019-02-072019-04-08 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester GB OL9 9XB GBP 30000 35000 35000 YEAR Scientific Games
Scientific Games has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit an experienced and motivated Accountant to join its team in a newly-created role based in Greater Manchester.
Scientific Games is a NASDAQ listed, global leader in the gaming and lottery industries, with Global headquarters in Las Vegas and over 9,500 staff across the world.
The Group is on a mission to create the world’s best gaming and lottery experience for its customers.
The Group operates through three divisions – Gaming, Lottery and Digital. Collectively these offer customers a fully integrated technology platform and a customer focused experience.
All of Scientific Games’ divisions and employees are guided by the same core values:
By the Rules: Maintain integrity in everything we do.
To Improve the Game: Continuously innovate and raise the bar.
With Passion: We love what we do and have fun doing it!
Smart: Take ownership and hold ourselves accountable.
Together: One mission, one team, one Scientific Games.
To Win: Surpass the expectations of our stakeholders.
Accountant key responsibilities:
- Completion of month end postings, reconciliations and reports to a demanding timeframe
- Preparation of monthly management accounts together with supporting schedules and management information
- Balance sheet reconciliations and investigation of queries – ensuring the balance sheet remains “clean” and all issues and opportunities are identified and resolved
- Liaison with internal budget holders and other key stakeholders on management results and the commercial impact of divisional performance
- Review the accounting treatment of new contracts
- Input into the monthly forecasts and annual budget processes as required
- Support in the preparation of statutory accounts, tax compliance and audit schedules
- Work with external advisors and internal corporate functions (tax, internal audit and treasury)
- Adherence to policies and procedures, including SOX framework
- Other duties that may be required from time to time
Accountant key requirements:
- Able to follow detailed instructions accurately
- A team player who is happy to work in an environment of mutual support
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage time
- Able to bring energy and enthusiasm
- Flexible and willing to assist where required
- Approachable in nature and able to work well with non-financial areas of the business
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service
- Good attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft office packages; Outlook, Word and Excel
For further information on this outstanding opportunity please contact email@example.com or 01612147400
All third-party applications will be sent on to Robert Walters.