Salary £42,000 - £47,500 per annum
Consultant Marcus Pratt
Date posted 10 January 2019 2019-01-102019-03-11 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 42000 47500 47500 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Currently representing a PE back business in their search for an ACA qualified Financial Accountant. This business are currently going through an extensive period of growth and require a technically strong candidate who is looking to develop their career.
Robert Walters are currently representing a PE backed business in their search for an ACA qualified Financial Accountant. The business that we're working alongside are currently going through an extensive period of growth and require a technically strong, practice trained candidate. The organisation have won a number of awards for their working practices and have highly developed systems that assist the finance function to deliver the value add to the wider business. With extensive visibility and contact with the executive team the Financial Accountant will play a pivotal role in the delivery of the financial accounts for a number of the business units across the group. With an exceptionally high salary linked to this role the organisation are seeking the best talent from across the North West and require an individual who wants to grow with the organisation and internal finance team.
The Financial Accountant will play a pivotal role in the production and delivery of the statutory accounts. Reporting directly into the Group Financial Controller the candidate will be responsible for the following areas:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts board pack including liaison with divisional management account teams,
- Maintenance of the accounting records for the holding companies and private equity financing and preparation of central reports such as Net Debt, group cash flow analysis including narrative, covenant reporting and forecast cash positions.
- Review of general month-end group accounting tasks including reconciliation of non-trading control accounts
- Preparation of the quarterly financial reporting for external bondholders including drafting Management’s Discussion and Analysis of the results and assisting with group reporting presentations.
- Preparation of the annual report to bondholders including updating information from across the business.
- Assisting in the review of monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations across the group setting up risk assessment and programme of review.
- Acquisition accounting; assist the Business Development teams with developing the financial reporting routines for new acquisitions.
- Disposals accounting; assist the Business Development team with disposal details for assets, ongoing property costs and underperformance liabilities.
- Management of the day-to-day requirements of the external auditors both during field work and in the period to final sign off.
- Implement new accounting policies – IFRS 9, 15, 16.
- Monitor divisional application of group accounting policies including field reviews of processes and procedures.
- Forecast operational cash requirements to ensure that cash is utilised efficiency through use of the group’s bank facilities.
The successful candidate will be 'hands on' ACA qualified and will have exceptionally strong technical reporting experience. The individual will be practice trained and have exposure of working across a larger business, ideally within a group head office function. The candidate must have strong IFRS knowledge, have worked within a group structure, ideally within a PE backed organisation. The ability to prepare statutory accounts, assist with the preparation of board reports and liaise with auditors are critical for this role. Strong communication skills are key as the individual will be liaising with internal and external stakeholders and assisting with an array of accounting issues. The candidate will be able to work as part of a technically strong team and will be expected to bring new ideas and improvements into the role.
If you would like more information about this Financial Accountant position based in Manchester then please contact Marcus Pratt on 0161 240 7462 or Marcus.Pratt@robertwalters.com for immediate consideration