Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Marcus Pratt
Date posted 17 December 2018 2018-12-172019-02-15 accountancy UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Currently working on a newly created role based in Manchester City Centre. This role will be acting as the right hand to the director of finance for growing company. Great opportunity to grow in a fast moving company
Financial Accountant – Manchester - £40,000 - £50,000
This is a newly created position, within the largest part of the group will be acting as the right hand for the director of finance. This role is responsible for forecasting and reporting the consolidated balance sheet, cash flow statement, along with rolling quarter end and year end positions. You will be the key contact person within the division for all statutory and compliance related matter ranging from Tax, IFRS Compliance, Internal and External Audit.
As the Financial Accountant for the division you will have ownership of and be responsible for:
- Budgeting, forecasting and the 3-year plan
- Balance sheet and cash flow month end reporting
- Ensure that all month end reporting is completed and provided on time in full by the Management Accountants / Business Partners, that information is complete and consistent in style and presentation in preparation for presentation to the Director of Finance
- Consolidate and present the consolidated division performance, including commentary as agreed by the divisions
- Report on consolidated quarter end and full year position on a monthly basis, along with progress on underlying key actions.
- Provide weekly and monthly cash forecast positions, agreeing cash positions with the Director of Finance and publish to group, highlighting key dependencies. Provide insightful commentary on pinch points along with key actions being taken to avoid any potential shortfall.
- Ensure that all necessary journals are prepared, reviewed and signed off as appropriate
- Ensure that all VAT, other tax and statutory compliance issues are flagged, reviewed and agreed with the DOF
- Ensure that Statutory account packs are completed and submitted in line with group expectations
- Manage all year-end tax queries to ensure that group have all necessary information as necessary
- Become the financial right-hand person to the DOF, available to support in all meetings and ad hoc necessary work.
Required Education and Experience:
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working across multi-state locations and time zones, within a Company that has experience of mergers and acquisitions. You will have a minimum of 2 years post qualification (ACA) and have experience as a Financial Accountant.
- Detailed working knowledge of IFRS, including the most recent changes
- Understanding of what good financial control looks like
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Fully competent in all Microsoft applications.
- Working knowledge to Hyperion would be beneficial
If you would like more information around this Financial Accountant position based in Manchester City Centre then please contact Marcus Pratt on 0161 240 7462 or email Marcus.Pratt@robertwalters.com for a confidential conversation.