Group Financial Accountant
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Mike Cellier
Date posted 07 December 2018 2018-12-072019-02-05 banking UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A large investment management firm in central London is currently in need of a group financial accountant to join their business. The group financial accountant will be responsible for financial reporting, planning and consolidation processes for the group
There is a need for a financial reporting accountant to join a large investment management firm based in London. This person will report into the head of financial reporting and provide critical support to the internal and external financial reporting, planning and consolidation processes for the group. Also to provide support to the finance directors of the Trust and Unit Trust Management companies.
- Involvement in all aspects of the group’s financial reporting, working closely with the Group Financial Controller, Head of Group Reporting and Senior Finance Manager, and ensuring that all reports and submissions are accurate, timely and fulfil all statutory requirements.
- Provide key support to the Senior Group Reporting Accountant with the preparation and production of the group’s annual report, interim report and quarterly interim management statements and work with the Head of Investor Relations to provide content for related announcement presentations and other IR materials.
- Liaise with the financial and management teams in various subsidiaries in order to help produce and review annual reports.
- Be responsible for the accounting processes for the group’s share based payment arrangements and certain divisional profit share arrangements.
- Act as a business partner for certain support functions, supporting them with analysis of their cost bases, budgets and re-forecasts.
- When required, work with the Corporate Projects team to perform financial modelling and forecasting to supplement corporate/individual acquisition projects
- Carry out other Finance-orientated projects and ad hoc pieces of work, relating in the main to financial reporting, both internal and external, and forecasting and financial modelling.
- Stay abreast of technical and industry developments relevant to the group, helping to provide updates to rest of team on an interim basis.
- Operate as part of the Group Finance team, building strong working relationships with colleagues across geographic locations, providing assistance and cover in times of absence.
- Highly proficient in Excel, ideally with experience of financial modelling using Excel
- Strong knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- ACA (or equivalent qualification)
- A motivated self-starter, with strong analytical skills and a clear logical approach to problem solving
- Highly organised
- A demonstrably strong attention to detail
- Experience of working with financial accounting systems and databases, including SUN, SAP Business Objects and SAP BPC
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment for the banking sector, including prudential capital requirements