Financial Accounting Manager
Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Ryan Day
Date posted 22 November 2018 2018-11-222019-01-21 electronics UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
The client, a multi billion turnover tech distribution business. As an advocate of supporting 1st and 2nd time movers of ACA qualification, they are seeking an individual with these credentials to be apart of an established group Finance function at their vibrant and state of the art facility.
The financial accounting manager role supports the financial controller in ensuring that the control infrastructure of the business is upheld and constantly improved. The role is also responsible for accurate and timely delivery of monthly management and financial accounting results.
- Managing and developing a team of 3 part-qualified accountants with a cultural emphasis on continuous improvement and personal development.
- Responsible for managing the month end close process, driving the timetable to ensure that tight deadlines are met in accordance with expectation.
- Ensuring that accounting entries processed adhere to all internal controls and business accounting policies.
- Preparation of the internal monthly consolidated management accounts for the UK&I Group. Ensuring that internal and external reporting numbers are aligned.
- Supporting the Financial Controller to ensure that the reported financials are fully reviewed, analysed and interrogated where necessary.
- Preparation and review of a wide range of complex balance sheet account reconciliations, identifying and resolving any anomalies.
- Exceptional cost reporting and reconciliation, liaising closely with the Finance Director.
- Managing the process for both Internal and External Audit teams & providing expertise and advice as required.
- Managing receivables factoring submissions to external companies and Group.
- Monitoring and forecasting the Group’s foreign currency and hedging processes to limit exposure.
- Liaising with and fostering good relations within other areas of finance and the business
- Driving and supporting Continuous Improvement of processes in the finance team
- Reviewing & improving business / accounting procedures
- Team management experience.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA)
- Exposure to Financial Accounting and control processes in a large, complex organisation
- Highly PC literate – particularly Excel & used to dealing with high volume, complex data manipulation & reporting
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- High attention to detail and an ability to review detailed work quickly and accurately
- Organised self-starter with ability to plan & prioritise one’s own workload
- Will take ownership for issues and tackle them proactively with colleagues
- Highly motivated & enthusiastic with a "can do" mentality
- Disciplined and able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to review business processes in order to effect & instigate plans for future improvement
- Experience of using an integrated ERP system, Oracle/SAP
- Available to travel (10%< ongoing)