Salary £25,000 - £27,000 per annum
Consultant Matthew Simms
Date posted 26 November 2018 2018-11-262019-01-20 banking UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A leading UK business are looking for a Financial Assistant Accountant to join their SSC based in Stockport.
The Financial Assistant Accountant will be responsible for preparing and delivering the Group’s half year and full year consolidated financial statements, and the individual company financial statements of the Group’s subsidiaries.
Financial Accountant key responsibilities:
- Providing technical accounting and financial reporting guidance to colleagues and supporting the provision of relevant technical training and development to the finance community
- Assisting with the management of the year end and half year processes including the external audit process
External reports include:
- Group half year and full year financial statements prepared under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), for presentation to the Board and Audit Committee and inclusion in the externally published interim and annual reports and accounts.
- Full year financial statements under new UK GAAP (FRS 102) for 40+ legal entities.
- Preparation of detailed notes to support key accounting items and year-on-year comparisons.
- Providing complete, accurate and timely IFRS and new UK GAAP (FRS 102) accounting expertise and advice.
- Evaluating the potential impact of operational / commercial changes on the Group’s financial statements and identify appropriate accounting treatments and options.
- Providing ongoing accounting support to divisional finance teams / FP&A / commercial teams to ensure any accounting implications are factored into commercial decision appraisals, and the impact on reporting is understood, with options where possible to be presented.
- Supporting in the development and maintenance of accounting policies and the governance of financial processes, ensuring alignment across the Group.
- Supporting in the development and delivery of training for finance teams to ensure awareness of new accounting standard changes, appropriate recording of financial entries, and compliance with accounting policies.
Financial Accountant key requirements:
- ACCA/CIMA PQ with post qualification experience
- Able to work with multiple priorities, to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining the highest standards of delivery
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to effectively communicate with senior finance stakeholders, and effective at influencing at all levels across the business in order to engage the co-operation of people who are not direct reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Seeks to instil a culture of continuous development and process improvement
- Advanced Excel skills
Apply below, or please contact Matthew Simms on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 214 7400 for more information about the opportunity.