Senior Financial Accountant
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 21 November 2018 2018-11-212019-01-20 engineering UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This exciting business in Liverpool City Centre are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join the business in an exciting newly created role.
Reporting to an impressive Finance Manager, your core duties will include;
- Responsible for preparation of the monthly management accounts and annual reporting requirements to set deadlines.
- Responsible for weekly forecast reporting, ensuring reporting is accurate and timely.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly IFRS reporting packs.
- Responsible for delivering financial data and analysis and reporting for the needs of the business.
- Identify areas within financial systems, reports, processes and controls that require improvement and optimisation.
- Support the commercial and finance team with financial reports, analyses and other requirements as they arise.
- Responsible for accuracy of overheads accruals and P&L accounts for multiple business units.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the balance sheet.
- Ensure that all compliance and group policies are implemented and adhered with.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end IFRS packs, audit packs and assist with any statutory obligations.
- Responsible for the management of 1 part-qualified Financial Accountant
- Liaising with the internal and external auditors
- Ideally a technically strong qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet reporting deadlines
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills and organisational skills
- They will be a good team player with the skills to manage, develop and implement new working practices and systems
- Experience working in a demanding business with international scope would put applicants at a distinct advantage
- Experience within PLC business would be advantageous
- Strong IT skills, with good working knowledge of ERP systems & advanced Excel skills
This is an excellent opportunity for any Financial Accountant looking for a step into an exciting business that can offer long term development. Working in a supportive and impressive larger finance function, this role is anticipated to last around 2 years before internal opportunities/ development.