Assistant Financial Accountant
Salary £27,000 - £30,000 per annum + Study Support
Consultant Gary Darlington
Date posted 02 October 2018 2018-10-022018-12-01 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A well-known, international pharmaceutical business in south Manchester are looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to add to their growing finance team. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, this is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a finance background looking to add to their experience. The successful candidate will receive a very competitive salary and full study support.
As an Assistant Financial Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
- Reconciliation of Aged debtors/creditors to general ledger.
- General ledger management, including preparing and posting all month end general ledger journals.
- Weekly bank reconciliations
- Preparing the year end audit file and drafting statutory accounts for review
- Reconciling intercompany balances at year end, and providing explanations for differences.
- To assist in preparation of the back-up work necessary for the year end Corporation tax Return, and to assist FC to ensure timely filing.
- Preparation and submission of Vat Return including preparing back up documentation and reports to assist in reviews of the quarterly VAT Return.
As an Assistant Financial Accountant, you will have/be:
- Strong finance background, with at least 2 years in a related role
- AAT qualified or studying towards ACCA/CIMA (study support provided)
- Proficient in Excel
- SAP experience (desirable not essential)
- Excellent communication skills, be able to plan effectively to manage tight deadlines.
- Well organised with a keen attention to detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly accredited business during an exciting period, with excellent benefits and oportunities on offer.
For more information about this role, or other finance positions in south Manchester, please contact Gary Darlington at Robert Walters PLC on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 240 7473.