Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Mike Cellier
Date posted 26 September 2018 2018-09-262018-11-25 banking UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A fantastic role has arisen at a large financial services firm based in London near St Paul's station. There is a need for an investment accountant to join their finance team.
A global financial services firm in London is looking for an investment accountant at assistant mnaagement level to join their business.
The investment accountant's responsibility is to be the primary owner of the delivery of daily and monthly reporting for 1-2 clients. The individual will be responsible for supervising 1-3 staff in delivering accurate investment accounting for both simple and complex investment portfolios. The individual will also have responsibility for the delivery of small to medium scale client and departmental projects.
- Ensure daily, monthly, and quarterly reports are delivered timely and accurately to clients
- Review and enhance controls on monthly general ledgers feeds for US GAAP, US STAT, IFRS and other Local GAAPs
- Maintain a relationship with one or multiple clients
- Supervise and manage the development of 1-3 staff
- Identify inefficiencies in the current production process and institute operational efficiencies
- Manage change control requests, issue logs, and projects
- Document and cross-train processes
- Provide subject matter expertise around insurance accounting under IFRS 9 and IAS 39
- Solid understanding of practical application of accounting rules for investments under IFRS and US GAAP.
- Previous experience or understanding of Syndicated Bank Loans strongly desired.
- Experience with IAS39 / IFRS 9.
- Minimum of a BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA, ACCA, ACA, CFA, MBA or CIMA a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience of investment accounting or equivalent work experience in the insurance industry.
- Experience in supervising and developing staff.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to remain highly organized in a deadline driven environment while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel.
Please apply to the role or send your CV directly to email@example.com if interested.