Part-Qualified Financial Accountant
Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + bonus, study support and free parking
Consultant Laura Watt
Date posted 21 September 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client are a global US business, who live and breathe their products. They offer a dress down and work life balance culture, with a lake, tennis course, café and gym onsite.
The role as Financial Accountant sits within the financial management and reporting team. You will assist in the delivery of the monthly close process for UK and US reporting, including preparation of timetable and control check lists. Duties also include responsibility for providing tax administration services, inter company reporting and control for the group, together with the provision of data in line with the new business sales reporting.
Prepare the monthly financial close timetable, assign responsibilities and ensure that the close process is delivered to timetable. Report significant variations and delays to the Manager
- Maintain the division’s journal checklist and ensure regular journals are posted on a timely basis, highlighting irregular journals and ensuring that all journals have been adequately authorised
- Maintain high quality documentation evidencing the financial close process, ensuring that the documentation is updated quarterly and signed off by the Manager
- Maintain a reconciliation checklist to ensure that all significant reconciliations have been completed in a timely manner, highlighting all exceptions to the Manager
- Set up and provide initial population of ledger data in respect of the team’s principal UK reporting workbooks, highlighting unusual items and movements
- Provide inter company accounting for all group companies ensuring accurate recording of costs recharged from the US parent company including VAT implications. Challenge costs where appropriate and provide full reconciliation of balances to statements
- Prepare supporting documentation for the VAT return for the UK subsidiary and other UK group companies where appropriate on a quarterly basis, for review by the Financial Accountant
- Prepare draft quarterly submissions and provide reconciliations of data
- Ensure that all priority spreadsheets are compliant with accepted standards
The ideal candidate will have proven understanding of financial accounting and be actively studying your professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
You should be results driven, be able to make effective decision and be a strong team player. The successful applicant will show strong business acumen and the want to develop themselves.
This is a great opportunity to work for a UK subsidiary of a global organisation, we look after our employees, offer a great work-life balance, generous benefits, a professional challenge and fantastic career opportunities.