Group Financial Accountant
Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Vilma Kurpreka
Date posted 16 October 2018 2018-10-162018-11-17 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Group Financial Accountant - £45000- £50000 - Northamptonshire- International Retail Business
A successful global retail business based in Northamptonshire are looking for a Group Financial Accountant to join the team. The role will support the Senior Group Financial Accountant to ensure that the consolidated monthly management accounts and financial statements are prepared in accordance with the group policy and relevant IFRS.
- Manage the statutory accounts production for the Group- 2 consolidated sets of accounts plus subsidiaries.
- Analyse the monthly results of the Group including gross margin analysis and explanation of key variances.
- Maintain nominal ledger and produce accurate balance sheet reconciliations for the holding companies.
- Assist with the consolidation and draft all of the necessary consolidation adjustments at month and year end.
- Asses and develop the reporting requirements of the Group.
- Work closely with the year-end auditors. Ensure smooth running of the year end process.
- Work on varies ongoing projects within the Group eg, performance improvement observations raised by auditors and stakeholders, implement internal controls, changes to process to name a few.
- Qualified ACCA, CIMA, ACA accountant
- Understanding of IFRS accounting policies
- Experience of working with Group consolidations including overseas subsidiaries, multi-currency & multi-site is highly beneficial.
- Confidence to build credibility quickly with stakeholders within and outside of the finance function.
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a great business with a great brand behind them. Candidates looking to make their first move into industry are highly recommended to apply.