Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 15 August 2018 2018-08-152018-10-14 utilities UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, a global mining company, are looking for a Financial Accountant to join the stunning head office in Central London.
Due to internal promotion, my client is looking to recruit a technically strong, recently qualified ACA to join their Financial Reporting team.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a market leading company, who will really invest in your growth and progression. There is no better place to put your ACA training into practice, particularly if you have an interest in mining/natural resources.
The successful candidate will be passionate and enthusiastic, with strong academics and excellent technical accounting knowledge, as well as a proven commercial mind set.
Key responsibilities include:
- Interpret and cascade financial accounting/reporting policies, standards, procedures and timetables.
- Ensure financial transactions and reporting are completed and reported in line with Group and local statutory requirements.
- Act as point of contact for finance teams for reporting issues and queries
- Assisting with the monthly consolidation process by calculating and posting consolidation journals in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Support the Group Financial Reporting Manager and Head of Financial Control with ad hoc analysis as required
- Prepare ad hoc accounting papers as required
- Ensure notes for interim and year end external reporting are prepared to a high standard and in line with agreed deadlines.
- Review data submissions, ensuring accuracy with all validations cleared and/or understood
- Liaise with the auditors to ensure smooth and efficient running of the interim and year end audits
- Contribute to accounting issues papers and audit committee reporting as required.
- Contribute to Group-wide finance projects.
The ideal candidate will be:
- ACA qualified (or overseas equivalent)
- Good technical IFRS experience
- Strong understanding of group consolidation
- Interest in the mining/resources experience helpful
Please get in touch if you are interested in joining one of the world's leading mining groups!