Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Stephane Mehmet
Date posted 09 August 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant has just become available at a reputable business within the Consulting industry based in Central London. Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant, this role offers an excellent opportunity for career progression.
The key responsibilities for the Financial Accountant are:
- The build-up of the Region’s fixed % across all companies in preparation for the Annual Business Plan
- Liaising with Sector Accountants, Business Service Managers, the Property, IT and Pension Managers and others as necessary to gather data required for this calculation
- Uploading these forecasts at the beginning of the financial year
- Reviewing the general ledger items each month to ensure accurate allocation across all companies and prepare journal re allocations if needed
- Running monthly meetings with CFO and Senior Accountant to review actual vs. budget overheads on a line by line basis
- Arranging and running quarterly review meetings with the Sub Region Business Service Managers for their facilities budgets
- Providing IT spend analysis
- Providing support to the Property Manager regards the allocation of Capital expenditure and operational budgets for office moves and other property related schedules as required
- Pulling together Capital Expenditure Budgets
- Calculating accruals and rent fee balances at year end
- Providing scenario analysis each quarter for the Pension Fund contribution
- Supporting Sub Regions with ad hoc queries related to overheads
- Providing analysis and insight on the data processed and be able to generate ideas for continuous process improvement
To be successful in this role you will be required to have/be:
Part-qualified accountant or newly qualified accountant
2+ years of relevant financial accounting experience
A self-starter with a commitment to self-improvement and continuing professional development Good Excel skills
Comfortable with data analysis, understanding and explaining it
Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff at all levels
An organised person with the ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines/priorities and maintain personal effectiveness
With experience of working in a similar role you will have worked with other departments and be able to build relationships both internally and externally as well as having excellent attention to detail.
This reputable business is well recognised in the consulting industry and appreciates well organised, enthusiastic and motivated individuals.
If you are driven, determined and ready to take the next step in your career, this could be the role for you.
Apply today or call me to find out more.