EU Financial Accountant
Salary £45,000 - £47,000 per annum + bonus
Consultant Robert Patterson
Date posted 09 August 2018 2018-08-092018-10-08 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Copart, a multi $bn global group recognised as the market leader in online automotive remarketing and sales have exclusively partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Financial Accountant. Great opportunity for a newly qualified accountant from industry or practice to join a massively successful and growing entity. Looking for a progressive and commercially astute technical accountant who is confident dealing with senior stakeholders.
Copart was founded in 1982 by CEO Willis J. Johnson. Johnson with his entrepreneurial spirit, along with a strong work ethic and a passion for change, started Copart with just one salvage yard in California. In 1994, he took Copart public, raising the money needed to expand the company. The development of VB3, Copart’s online auction system transformed Copart from a salvage vehicle auction company into a company offering a global remarketing platform that links buyers and sellers around the world.
Copart’s vision is to continually offer compelling, innovative and unique products and services whilst maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
EU Financial Accountant Job Summary
This role will support the timely and accurate preparation of all UK statutory accounts and subsequent audit, together with the collation and provision of information to enable the UK tax computations and returns to be prepared. In addition, you will be responsible for liaising with our European finance teams, coordinating local statutory audits with all third parties, in line with the Corporate global reporting timelines.
Responsible for providing European technical accounting advice, including the provision of US GAAP support where required.
EU Financial Accountant main duties & responsibilities:
- Preparation and completion of UK Statutory Accounts
- Management of external all UK Statutory Audits
- Adherence to Sarbanes Oxley controls and collation of evidence
- Provision of data and analytics to outsourced tax computation providers
- Ensure compliance with filing of Statutory Accounts, Tax Returns, HMRC returns and Office of National Statistic Returns or similar for all country operations across Europe
- Management of European Treasury requirements, to include management of intercompany and cross border bank transfers, liaising with Global Treasury and Tax leads to ensure compliance with Global policies
- Management of Cash Flow reporting, forecasting and balances
- Provide support to cross functional strategic projects including M&A and systems development
- Actively support our continued expansion across Europe as required
EU Financial Accountant key requirements:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA accountant
- Sarbannes/Oxley knowledge or experience of general control management
- Commercially focused with demonstrable communication skills
- High level of ability in Excel and Word
- Audit experience advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Can demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards and developments
If this could be you or anyone within your network feel free to apply below or conversely you can contact me on email@example.com or 01908 044012.