Financial Reporting Accountant
Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum + Benefits Package
Consultant James Owen
Date posted 13 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
I am currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Accountant on behalf of an industry leading service provider within the global engineering market. This is a newly created role based at their global HQ in Salford. Great progression prospects with a large multinational. Get in touch for more information and a confidential chat.
Robert Walters are currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Accountant on behalf of an £800m turnover service provider within the global engineering market. We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic Group Financial Reporting Accountant to join our dynamic team of qualified and part qualified accountants to be based out of their Global Head Quarters in Salford. This is a newly created role with responsibilities across all areas of the accounting and financial reporting process.
Ideally they would like someone who has a good understanding of consolidating group accounts, given they have multiple entities worldwide, preparation of statutory accounts and a understanding of IFRS.
First time movers from practice will also be considered.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Assist with the co-ordination of the annual audit and financial statement preparation process for the Group and its subsidiaries
- Liaise with the external auditors
- Assist in preparation and review of statutory returns
- Assist with the implementation of new IFRS applicable to the Group
- Involvement in ad hoc financial reporting and financial systems projects, such as implementing improvements in reporting and consolidation processes
- Monthly management account preparation
- Review general ledger account reconciliations and monitor/ challenge outcomes
- Prepare and post consolidation adjustments
- Assist with the co-ordination and preparation of the budget for the Group
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly Board Report Analysis of results, identifying and providing commentary on key variances
- Preparation and analysis of client/divisional profitability
- Implement and monitor enhanced expense reporting processes
- Ad-hoc tasks and project work to support the team and relevant departments, teams or projects within the Group
To be considered for this role you will need to be a qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) or equivalent qualification, have proven relevant financial accounting experience, be able to use excel at an advanced level and have strong communication skills. You will also need to be prepared to work under pressure, adhere to strict deadlines, be proactive, delivery focused and willing to learn and take on responsibility.
To apply please respond directly to this advert or send an up to date CV to James Owen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential conversation about this or other roles on 0161 240 7483