Senior Financial Accountant
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum + 11.5% bonus
Consultant Tom Barlow
Date posted 05 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client is one of the UK’s leading financial protection insurers providing Income Protection, Critical Illness cover and Life Insurance. They are extremely well established and hold a large market share; and are currently working towards becoming the Employee Benefits provider of choice the UK. Due to recent growth, they have created several new positions and are looking to appoint a Senior Financial Accountant to support the Financial Control team whilst having responsibility for supervising and assisting in the successful delivery of Financial Reporting and Control. This is an exciting opportunity to partner with other individuals and managers across the business involved in Financial Reporting, control, capital initiatives as well as product and markets development. They have a fantastic work culture offering a great work life balance, the opportunity to work from home as well as the potential for a part time position for the right candidate.
- Ledger maintenance: Supervise the team to ensure that the general ledger is updated accurately and on a timely basis at all times, for all UK entities under all accounting bases
- Periodic close and Reconciliation: Manage the monthly financial close process, including the overseeing of the production of key reconciliations for both income statement and balance sheet, ensuring reconciling items are investigated and cleared on a timely basis
- Report and analysis: Provide key reports and analysis to the Financial Reporting stakeholders on all accounting bases as well as understanding and reconciling between bases
- Financial Statements & regulatory deliverables: Support the production of the financial statements, reporting accounts and external returns for each entity on a periodic basis to timetable
- Development: Ensure that the team’s resource issues, training and development needs, including your own, are effectively managed and put appropriate training & coaching plans in place. Provide the team with strong direction and leadership
- Process Review: Review all processes on a periodic basis to ensure maximum understanding and efficiencies. Challenge processes and look for continuous improvement in our processes and procedures.
- Control: Ensure key controls (Sarbanes-Oxley) and internal/external audit requirements are maintained and developed, including relationship management with the relevant parties
- Conduct Risk: Embed and contribute to the Conduct Risk Framework, wider Solvency II systems of governance principles, Treating Customers Fairly requirements and the Risk Management Framework as it applies to the role and divisional activities and drive improvements as required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Contribute ideas to an increasingly changing regulatory and reporting environment
- Strong analytical ability and Excel skills
- Relationships with the US in terms of investment, reporting, tax and technical guidance
- The role holder will be expected to support their manager and deputise in their absence
The ideal Candidate will be:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) with proven experience in a similar role
- Financial Services, Utilities or Retail background useful
If this is an opportunity that you would be interest in please get in touch with me on 07835835825 or firstname.lastname@example.org