Salary £37,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Neil Rogerson
Date posted 04 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Manchester Airport Group (MAG) has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit an R2R Accountant to join our head office based in Manchester.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group, and we are growing. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports as well as sizeable operations in the USA. The Group also has a substantial property business, with over £640 million of investment property assets across its airports.
As part of our continued commitment to ensure that Manchester Airport remains one of the leading global airports and cements itself as the heart of the ‘Northern Powerhouse’, we are investing over £1bn in Manchester Airport extending terminal two and our airfield to increase passenger numbers and deliver a truly world class travel experience that will last well into the future.
With over 6,000 MAG employees, we are the largest UK owned airport operator, contributing over £7 billion to the economy and supporting over 130,000 jobs nationally.
The R2R Accountant will be responsible for assisting in the preparation and review of management accounts for the divisions ensuring they are accurate, timely and available to the senior leadership team in line with the accounting timetable. This will include engaging with budget holders to understand their business and to ensure that their financial performance is accurately reflected in the accounts.
R2R Accountant key responsibilities:
- The role holder will also support in maintaining a robust control environment and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement with the R2R team, providing expert advice, mentoring and training support to the assistant accountants in the team
- Develop key skills in being subject matter experts in accounting for key revenue or cost items across the Group as well as acting in support of a specific Division
- Assist Senior accountants in planning and delivering the month end close process, ensuring the ledgers are all closed to strict deadlines.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the accounts, calculate and post relevant journals to ensure the accounts are reflective of underlying financial performance.
- Provide support in reviewing journal postings and reports produced by R2R assistant accountants
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including review and sign off.
- Assist in the service delivery and KPIs to internal and external customers.
- Develop subject expertise by working with the business which allows R2R Finance to accurately reflect the nature of commercial and operating agreements in the accounts.
- Provide support, training and guidance to the R2R assistant accountants in your designated team.
- Support the development of continuous improvement initiatives with the R2R Finance team.
- Assist in improving, standardising and automating the processes within the team.
- Support delivery of all change initiatives
- Lead the completion of process documentation and work instructions for your designated area
- Driving continual improvement within the business area responsible.
- Provide decision making support to the assistant accountants throughout the month end process
R2R Accountant key requirements:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- 3+ years post qualified experience
- An ambitious individual and team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Proven ability to actively engage business stakeholders and to respond to queries in a collaborative manner.
- 5+ years of relevant experience of profit and loss and balance sheet analysis.
- Proven ability to efficiently produce and review management accounts (end to end process).
- Knowledge of best practice processes and expert understanding of key accounting standards
- Previous experience of training and supporting less experienced members of staff
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations.
- Significant experience of SAP or similar ERP systems, advanced Excel skills.
Join MAG and you’ll be joining a business that believes in its people enough to continually focus on promoting from within. Your career path will be well-defined, your imagination will be challenged, and we work hard to make sure you have everything you need to progress as far – and as fast – as you want.
Apply below, or please contact Neil Rogerson on email@example.com or 0161 214 7400 for more information about the opportunity.