R2R Senior Accountant
Salary £45,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Neil Rogerson
Date posted 03 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Manchester Airport Group (MAG) has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit an R2R Senior Accountant to join our head office based in Manchester.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group, and we are growing. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports as well as sizeable operations in the USA. The Group also has a substantial property business, with over £640 million of investment property assets across its airports.
As part of our continued commitment to ensure that Manchester Airport remains one of the leading global airports and cements itself as the heart of the ‘Northern Powerhouse’, we are investing over £1bn in Manchester Airport extending terminal two and our airfield to increase passenger numbers and deliver a truly world class travel experience that will last well into the future.
With over 6,000 MAG employees, we are the largest UK owned airport operator, contributing over £7 billion to the economy and supporting over 130,000 jobs nationally.
The R2R Senior Accountant will be responsible for leading all Management Accounting activity for a Group Division ensuring that accurate, and technically robust, management accounts are produced in a timely manner and in line with group finance service levels. The division will either consist of a larger Airport or a group of smaller MAG divisions.
R2R Senior Accountant key responsibilities:
- Build and maintain key relationships with Divisional Finance Directors, Head of Group FP&A and external auditors.
- The role holder will also help drive a culture of continuous improvement within Finance whilst supporting a robust financial control framework.
- Responsible for leadership of the team and implementing and driving a culture of best practice.
- Support of internal and external stakeholders and the meeting of agreed SLA’s.
- Lead one of the RTR teams of 1-5, including staff management, 121s and personal development plans.
- Manage the month end close process, ensuring the ledgers are all closed to strict deadlines.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all aspects of the divisional accounts with financial accountability for either revenue, costs or Capex (numbers in facts and figures)
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including review and sign off.
- Responsible for the delivery of group service levels and supporting KPIs to internal and external customers (including Group FP&A, Divisional Finance Business Partners, Divisional Budget Holders and External Auditors).
- Provide divisional accounts and support to the Finance Directors and Finance Business Partners of the relevant Division.
- Propose recommendations for continuous improvement, standardisation and automation of processes to relevant team heads.
R2R Senior Accountant key requirements:
- A qualified accountant with 3 years PQE
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the preparation and review of management accounts.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- A minimum of 3 years line manager experience
- Ability to actively engage stakeholders and colleagues to ensure processes are executed consistently and complied with
- Significant and relevant experience of working within a General Ledger function, at a similar level
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations
- Preferably experience of SAP or similar ERP systems, intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience of managing change in a dynamic and changing environment
Join MAG and you’ll be joining a business that believes in its people enough to continually focus on promoting from within. Your career path will be well-defined, your imagination will be challenged, and we work hard to make sure you have everything you need to progress as far – and as fast – as you want.
Apply below, or please contact Neil Rogerson on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 214 7400 for more information about the opportunity.