Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Neil Rogerson
Date posted 26 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Manchester Airport Group (MAG) has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Financial Accountant to join our head office based in Manchester.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group, and we are growing. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports as well as sizeable operations in the USA. The Group also has a substantial property business, with over £640 million of investment property assets across its airports.
As part of our continued commitment to ensure that Manchester Airport remains one of the leading global airports and cements itself as the heart of the ‘Northern Powerhouse’, we are investing over £1bn in Manchester Airport extending terminal two and our airfield to increase passenger numbers and deliver a truly world class travel experience that will last well into the future.
With over 6,000 MAG employees, we are the largest UK owned airport operator, contributing over £7 billion to the economy and supporting over 130,000 jobs nationally.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for preparing and delivering the Group’s half year and full year consolidated financial statements, and the individual company financial statements of the Group’s 40 subsidiaries.
Financial Accountant key responsibilities:
- Providing technical accounting and financial reporting guidance to colleagues and supporting the provision of relevant technical training and development to the finance community
- Assisting with the management of the year end and half year processes including the external audit process
External reports include:
- Group half year and full year financial statements prepared under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), for presentation to the Board and Audit Committee and inclusion in the externally published interim and annual reports and accounts.
- Full year financial statements under new UK GAAP (FRS 102) for 40+ legal entities.
- Preparation of detailed notes to support key accounting items and year-on-year comparisons.
- Providing complete, accurate and timely IFRS and new UK GAAP (FRS 102) accounting expertise and advice.
- Evaluating the potential impact of operational / commercial changes on the Group’s financial statements and identify appropriate accounting treatments and options.
- Providing ongoing accounting support to divisional finance teams / FP&A / commercial teams to ensure any accounting implications are factored into commercial decision appraisals, and the impact on reporting is understood, with options where possible to be presented.
- Supporting in the development and maintenance of accounting policies and the governance of financial processes, ensuring alignment across the Group.
- Supporting in the development and delivery of training for finance teams to ensure awareness of new accounting standard changes, appropriate recording of financial entries, and compliance with accounting policies.
Financial Accountant key requirements:
- ACA qualified accountant, with post qualification experience
- You will be at Assistant Manager level or above in Practice, or looking to make your second move within Industry, and your technical accounting experience is likely to come from an Audit, Corporate Finance, Transaction Services, or Forensic Accounting background in Practice
- Technically strong in the practical application of IFRS and FRS 102
- Able to work with multiple priorities, to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining the highest standards of delivery
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to effectively communicate with senior finance stakeholders, and effective at influencing at all levels across the business in order to engage the co-operation of people who are not direct reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Seeks to instil a culture of continuous development and process improvement
- Advanced Excel skills
Join MAG and you’ll be joining a business that believes in its people enough to continually focus on promoting from within. Your career path will be well-defined, your imagination will be challenged, and we work hard to make sure you have everything you need to progress as far – and as fast – as you want.
Apply below, or please contact Neil Rogerson on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 214 7400 for more information about the opportunity.