Senior Financial Accountant
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Neil Rogerson
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Manchester Airport Group (MAG) has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant to join our head office based in Manchester.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group, and we are growing. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports as well as sizeable operations in the USA. The Group also has a substantial property business, with over £640 million of investment property assets across its airports.
As part of our continued commitment to ensure that Manchester Airport remains one of the leading global airports and cements itself as the heart of the ‘Northern Powerhouse’, we are investing over £1bn in Manchester Airport extending terminal two and our airfield to increase passenger numbers and deliver a truly world class travel experience that will last well into the future.
With over 6,000 MAG employees, we are the largest UK owned airport operator, contributing over £7 billion to the economy and supporting over 130,000 jobs nationally.
The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for reviewing the Group's half year and full year consolidated financial statements, and the individual company financial statements of the Group’s 40+ subsidiaries, to a high standard and providing technical accounting and financial reporting expertise to colleagues across the Group, and supporting the provision of relevant technical training and development to the Group's finance community.
Senior Financial Accountant key responsibilities:
- Supporting the Head of Financial Reporting in the preparation of the audit committee agenda and delivery of papers across a range of technical accounting and reporting areas and liaison with the external auditors.
- Supporting / leading on finance projects linked to their ambitious UK and international growth strategy, as requested by the Head of Financial Reporting and Group Financial Controller. This may include, but would not be limited to, projects connected with systems developments, implementing new processes, adopting new accounting standards, and specific accounting analysis.
External reports include:
- Group half year and full year financial statements prepared under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS’s), for presentation to the Board and Audit Committee and inclusion in the externally published interim and annual reports and accounts..
- Full year financial statements under new UK GAAP (FRS 102) for 40+ legal entities.
- Preparation of detailed notes to support key accounting items and year-on-year comparisons.
- Audit Committee agenda and papers across a wide range of technical accounting and reporting areas.
- Provide complete, accurate and timely IFRS and new UK GAAP (FRS 102) accounting expertise and advice.
- Evaluate the potential impact of operational / commercial changes on the Group’s financial statements, and identify appropriate accounting treatments and options.
- Provide ongoing accounting support to divisional finance teams / FP&A / commercial teams to ensure any accounting implications are factored into commercial decision appraisals
- Develop and maintain the Group’s accounting policies and ensure effective governance of financial processes, and alignment across the Group.
- Develop and deliver training for finance teams to ensure awareness of new accounting standard changes, appropriate recording of financial entries, and compliance with accounting policies.
Senior Financial Accountant key requirements:
- ACA qualified accountant, with sufficient post-qualification experience.
- You will be at Manager level or above in Practice, or if currently in Industry, looking to make your second or third move and having experience of working in a fast-growing commercial organisation, and in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Technically strong in the practical application of IFRS and FRS 102
- Able to work with multiple priorities, to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining the highest standards of delivery
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to effectively communicate with senior finance stakeholders, and effective at influencing at all levels across the business in order to engage the co-operation of people who are not direct reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Seeks to instil a culture of continuous development and process improvement
- Experience of coaching and developing team members
- Advanced Excel skills
Join MAG and you’ll be joining a business that believes in its people enough to continually focus on promoting from within. Your career path will be well-defined, your imagination will be challenged, and we work hard to make sure you have everything you need to progress as far – and as fast – as you want.
Apply below, or please contact Neil Rogerson on email@example.com or 0161 214 7400 for more information about the opportunity.