Financial Accountant - 12 Month Fix Term Contract
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Richard Wood
Date posted 19 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Robert Walters are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join a manufacturing business on a 12 month fix term contract based in Smethwick.
Financial Accountant Key Responsibilities:
- Controlling the process of the creation of the trial balance, income statement and balance sheet.
- Accurate and timely FRIDA reporting including the provision of supplementary information.
- Monthly completion of revenue recognition and service revenue reconciliation.
- Provide financial accounting support to the UK Finance team. This may include but is not limited to - the calculation of accruals, prepayments and completion of associated balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with the calculation of monthly, quarterly and annual National Statistics forms and surveys.
- Assistance with internal and external audits.
- Support the UK & Ireland Financial Controller in all aspects of reporting and project work.
- To observe and comply with all Company policies including but not limited to Health and Safety, Car Policy, IT Policy, email and internet usage policy and all policies and appendices within the Contract of Employment.
- To comply with the Company’s Expense Policy and submit expenses on a regular basis for approval.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate within the scope of the role and in line with skills and experience.
Financial Accountant Person Specification:
- High level of verbal and written English skills. Able to answer queries from internal and external customers in an efficient and polite manner.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have a strong focus on time management and prioritisation skills so that able to meet all financial reporting and audit deadlines.
- The ability to network and interact in professional working relationships with people at all levels
- Remains calm and focused when working in a pressurised environment.
- Evidence of achieving efficiency improvements from a financial accounting processing perspective
- Confidence and ability to advise and report if there is a breach to ITW financial policy.