Salary £48,000 - £56,000 per annum + bonus
Consultant Robert Patterson
Date posted 19 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Looking for a technically strong Financial Accountant to join a commercially driven property entity based in Luton.
Currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join a commercially driven property entity based in Luton, my client offers great working culture and flexibility alongside a rewarding and broad remit. The group is also undergoing extensive growth due to acquisition and with progressive plans moving forward this and next year look to be a very attractive place to work.
- To be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and quality of accounting records for the Group’s statutory accounts (including all subsidiaries) and other external legal reporting requirements.
- Work closely with Group FC and internal stakeholders up to CFO, with ownership of the production of group reports and technical accounts.
- Mentor and manage small team.
- The timely production of all statutory accounts for the group and subsidiaries. To ensure they are compliant with FRS 102, the Housing SORP and the Accounting Direction, and also in line with best practice, and present a consistent, coherent and fair representation of the Group.
- Prepare and manage the preparation of audit working papers for the year end audit, including agreeing format of working papers and other audit requirements. Research / evaluate differing technical/financial options that might arise and make recommendations.
- Liaise, as the key contact, with external auditors as needed, and to ensure information requirements are met in a timely manner. Create & agree year end audit timetable in line with Auditors expectations.
- Identify and evaluate changes in any financial regulatory reporting (i.e. SORP, FR102) and accounting requirements and evaluate impact on financial statements presentation and financial and management accounting.
- To manage the day to day risk management process, and draft reports as required for the Executive Board plus there is a need to attend departments meetings as required.
- To review and challenge the controls in place that mitigate risks, and confirm the net risk score is appropriate based on these controls. Consider alternative controls and process to achieve the target risk scores.
- Maintain balance sheet controls and reconciliations as appropriate.
- Partner the Group Financial Controller with data collation tasks (e.g. Routine tax compliance data) and help the wider finance team as required including acting as cover for the payroll function.
Knowledge, profile and personal specification:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant
- Strong technical grounding (desirable exposure to preparing consolidated group accounts, FRS 102 and good reporting focus)
- Good stakeholder management with both internal and external customers
- Good modelling ability
If this could be you feel free to apply below, or conversely drop me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.