Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 10 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, a leading real estate giant, are looking for a Financial Accountant to join their Central London head office.
This industry-leading real estate business are looking for a recently qualified ACA to join the Financial Reporting team, reporting to the Head of Statutory Accounting.
There will be involvement in ad hoc projects, and you may be called upon to offer up accounting advice relating to acquisitions, disposals, budgets, forecasts.
If you are looking to use your ACA training within a FTSE listed business, in a hands on accounting role, based in Central London, this is the perfect opportunity. The team are all of a similar background, very sociable and ambitious, and it's a genuinely lovely place to work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Production of statutory accounts for subsidiary and joint venture companies. This will include internal liaison (tax department, company secretariat, rent accounts, service charges) and external liaison (auditors).
- Assisting in the preparation of the interim and final ‘glossy’ accounts for the Group, taking a lead role in producing the notes for which the team are responsible.
- Assisting in the completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- To be familiar with and keep abreast of latest accounting requirements / standards and company law and apply as necessary to the Group’s financial reporting.
- Assisting in other financial accounting work as required in conjunction with other Finance departments such as quarterly management accounts for certain entities as and when required.
- Contributing towards the department’s housekeeping, filing, record maintenance and internal control procedures.
- Undertaking ad-hoc accounting projects and special reviews as required.
- Assisting in the preparation of the Group consolidated accounts.
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly intercompany interest / management charge.
The ideal candidate will be:
- ACA qualified (or overseas equivalent)
- Good technical IFRS knowledge
- Strong Excel skills
- Interest/passion in the real estate highly desirable
- Ability to liaise with all levels of non finance
To apply for this exceptional opportunity, please get in touch!