Senior Group Accountant
Salary £55,000 - £60,000 per annum + + Excellent Bonus and Benefits
Location Milton Keynes
Consultant Harsa Abeelack
Date posted 03 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A FTSE 250 business based in Milton Keynes are looking for a Senior Group Accountant to deliver high quality information to the investor community, board and senior executives by working as part of highly professional group reporting team.
A FTSE 250 business based in Milton Keynes are looking for a Senior Group Accountant to deliver high quality information to the investor community, board and senior executives by working as part of highly professional group reporting team. The individual will have considerable exposure to the senior management team and can expect to be involved in ad hoc projects as and when they arise.
Scope and Responsibilities:
Responsible for preparing and delivering consolidated financial reporting including: Weekly sales, operating profit and debt report; Monthly management, financial and board reporting; Half-yearly and full-year external reporting and results announcements to the City; Forecasts, annual strategic plan and budget
- Responsible for the interaction with allocated Strategic Business Units and Regions, including: Management of all data submissions, ensuring data is timely, complete and accurate; Understanding the information received, ensuring analysis and explanations are insightful and useful; Resolution of practical and technical accounting issues including an assessment of impact on the business
- Responsible for the provision of financial support to the other internal and external stakeholders, including provision of information for decision making purposes
- Ad hoc internal and external financial reporting, analysis and modelling to analyse scenarios that impact the business
- Mentoring of graduates and new members to the group reporting team
- Production of statutory accounts for UK based limited companies
Skills and Attributes
Qualified accountant (at least 2 years PQE) either from a recognised firm or -with relevant industry experience
- Strong analytical ability and eye for detail and accuracy, with an ability to take a broader view as required
- Technically strong with high level of awareness of IFRS and UK GAAP, including accounting for treasury activities and financial instruments
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems and identify and implement process improvements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in both head office and the pan-global operating divisions of the group
- Flexible and motivated team player with a drive to deliver and achieve in role
- Experience of large or mid-size plc reporting preferred
Please apply or alternatively contact Harsa Abeelack on 07826 859650 or email: email@example.com for further information.