Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 28 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A rarely available Group Project Manager role has just become available at an award-winning finance team in a growing FTSE250 retail business in north Worcestershire. Working with and reporting directly into the Head of Group Financial Reporting, this role will see you blend financial reporting and accounting rigour.
About the Group Project Accountant position
As the Group Project Accountant, you will support the Group on the implementation of accounting projects, the first of which will focus on preparing the Group for the implementation of IFRS16.
You will be a subject matter expert for the implementation of IFRS16 and carry out planning and scenario modelling activities to ensure the Group is ready for implementation for the period ended September 2019.
- Ensure all the leases of the Group have been identified
- Gather data from the identified leases and log into a central database
- Maintain control of the expiry and signature of new leases or amendments to existing leases between the current period and transition
- Identify complexities within the Group’s leases, model implications and propose solutions
- Model impact of different assumptions within the application of the Standard
- Support the implementation of new software for IFRS16
- Work with professional advisors where required to obtain advice on approach
- Work with Head of Group Financial Reporting to draft policies for the Group and obtain relevant approvals
- Review existing property related provisions and work with finance colleagues to understand the impact of these.
Key internal stakeholders to this role will be the property department, the commercial finance team, subsidiary companies, the Chief Financial Officer and the wider Board, as well as the Audit Committee. With a strong background in Financial Accounting, you will be accustomed to a high-pressure environment while being able to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities while being committed to building and maintaining strong working relationships both within and outside of the finance team
You will be ACA/ACCA part-qualified or Qualified with a strong technical background, commercial awareness and experience in supporting project delivery.
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn, proactive and willing to challenge the status quo
- Self-motivated, ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and see things through
- Respond quickly to problems or feedback, can-do attitude, work with pace
- Provide relevant, timely, simple and user-friendly updates and insight
- Ability to critically appraise processes or data to make recommendations in simple language
To express your interest, please email why you believe you are right for this role and your CV to Robert.email@example.com