Fund Accountant based in Wellington New Zealand
Consultant Kate Williams
Date posted 08 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
The Fund Accountant is responsible for the overall management of the day to day operations across a number of clients, including full responsibility for Client & Third Party deliverables as documented in the Service Level Agreement (SLA). It also requires oversight of a robust Supervisory Risk & Control Framework covering key control functions in Fund Accounting. The role will also maintain a focus on developing and maintaining strong client relationships and also ensuring effective staff management process, including supervising and coaching all team members, providing open communication through the application of frequent one-on-ones and completion of half-yearly appraisals.
- Client management and satisfaction, involving client query resolution, client meetings, review of SLAs, meeting all deliverables, reviewing client service requirements periodically
- Overall responsibility for compliance with documentation requirements and implementation of procedures (including file preparation, archiving, client specific checklists, permanent files and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)) ensuring that all team members are familiar with these).
- Be able to identify and lead change with system development and process improvements.
- Liaising with Relationship Managers and Client Service Managers and ensuring they are informed of all issues that may arise and status of all deliverables and staff movements.
- Liaise with upstream and downstream teams in regard to setting SLAs, resolving issues, and assist with training/ coaching and provide support to ensure that upstream processing/ operations teams provide a quality service
- Commit to continuous learning program to develop in the role and ensure FSRA training requirements are completed annually in a timely manner.
- Experience in Fund Operations & Unit Trust Pricing (Administration/Management/Accounting)
- Completion of a post graduate qualification (e.g. CA, CPA, CFA or Masters of Applied Finance)
- Strong systems and technical knowledge of HiPortfolio (or asset management systems) and GTI (or custody systems)
- Excellent working knowledge of financial markets and instruments, both domestic and international
- Strong Excel skills
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organisation with a global presence who offers their employees international opportunities.