Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Location West Sussex
Consultant Tom Barlow
Date posted 08 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client is a leading media company with their UK Head Office based in Sussex. Due to a recent reorganisation, they are looking to appoint a Financial Accountant to support the Financial Controller assisting with all financial accounting for the Group, in the UK and overseas.
This is an exciting opportunity for the financial accountant to take ownership of the accounting function working within a dynamic environment, and be a key partner in driving the business forward. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in the provision of financial support to allow for effective decisions to be made by the managers within the business.
Financial Accountant duties will include:
- Month end consolidation of UK and Global subsidiaries
- Preparing Balance Sheets and Cash flow statements
- Analysing FX movements
- Analysing balance sheet forecasts v budgets
- Ensuring accurate global intercompany accounting
- Monitor intercompany balances and settlements thereof with focus on FX exposures by entity.
- Assist in the preparation of Statutory Accounts for UK entities and Group
- Year-end payroll tax compliance for all entities, including PSA returns and P11d’s for the UK
- Assist with Corporation tax calculations for instalment payments and year end
- Payment of Corporation Tax for UK and US entities instalments and final payments
- Tax compliance with the assistance of external advisors for – payroll, corporation tax and VAT and GST in the UK, USA, Singapore, Thailand, and other jurisdictions as required
- To work on cross functional teams on finance systems projects and non-finance projects
- Support the Financial Controller on all issues related to international growth: tax planning, tax compliance, local accounting and compliance.
The successful candidate should ideally be a qualified accountant ACA / ACCA qualified ideally with a practice background and 1-2 years’ commercial experience, ideally in a global / multi location business
- Advanced Excel essential
- Multi-currency experience and strong FX reporting experience essential.
- Team player
- Fast learner with the will and attitude to improve and develop continuously
- Integrity in completing tasks within set timelines
- Ability to recognise and report any problems, failures, adverse issues and deviations as soon as they occur so corrective action can be taken quickly.
- Work smoothly and cooperatively with colleagues in Finance, other departments - HR, IT
My client is a market leader that has a reputation for nurturing and developing their employees and providing long term career opportunities.