Statutory Reporting Accountant
Salary £50000 - £55000 per annum + + Competitive benefits package
Consultant Sophia Taylor
Date posted 30 January 2017
A Statutory Reporting Accountant role has just become available at a FTSE listed travel and tourism company based in Luton. Working within the Financial Reporting Team this role will offer significant career progression opportunities.
About the Statutory Reporting Accountant Role:
In this business critical Statutory Reporting Accountant role you will be responsible for the company's financial reporting on an annual and monthly basis, including reporting to the Board and Executive management, and you will provide insightful analysis on these reports.
- Prepare designated sections of the monthly plc board and executive management reports and provide a robust peer review on other sections
- Prepare and project manage the Annual Report and the Interim Report
- Prepare annual accounts for subsidiaries
- Act as first point of contact for auditor queries, resolving where appropriate
- Benchmark external reporting against best practice
- Identify and deliver process improvement opportunities (e.g. information content, speed, effort, automation)
You will be someone who can build strong working relationships and can identify the root cause of problems and potential opportunities for improvement. You will have exceptional presentation skills, be able to understand other perspectives and will have an absolute commitment to accuracy.
- Ideally you will hold a recognised accountancy qualification e.g.ACA/CA or equivalent non-UK qualification
- Awareness of and interest in the understanding and implementation of IFRS and other regulatory requirements
- Prior experience and involvement in the annual report preparation process including the financial statements themselves
- Good understanding of the external audit process, including provision of appropriate evidence, project management and the escalation/resolution of issues
- Able to use Excel to a proficient standard; but ability to write macros not required.
- Awareness of ERP systems and EPM systems would be advantageous
This internationally renowned FTSE listed travel and tourism business based in Luton is a progressive business looking for someone who can continue to positively impact the direction of the business going forward.
Please click to apply.