Derivative Reporting Accountant
Salary £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, pension
Consultant Mel Purdy
Date posted 17 October 2016
An exciting and progressive opportunity has arisen, in Luton, to join the Global organisation Ball. The Derivative Reporting Accountant will produce all relevant hedge documentation and work closely with the Treasury department to ensure appropriate recording, valuing and reporting in the FINDUR system of all traded hedges for the European division. The role will also contribute to the overall European and Russian division financial reporting and the wider HFM consolidation tool.
An exciting and progressive opportunity has arisen to join the Global organisation Ball (formerly known as Rexam after being acquired in July this year).
The Derivative Reporting Accountant will produce all relevant hedge documentation and work closely with the Treasury department to ensure appropriate recording, valuing and reporting in the FINDUR system (and/or any future replacement systems) of all traded hedges for the European division. The role will also contribute to the overall European and Russian division financial reporting and the wider HFM consolidation tool.
Derivative Reporting Accountant - Key responsibilities and Accountability's
This role has recently relocated to their Luton Site from London and is currently being managed by Earnest and Young who will hand over the process to the successful incumbent. The role will be 50 % Derivative reporting and 50% reporting for Europe and Russia.
- Work closely with the Treasury department to assess all derivative transactions for cash flow designation or economic hedge treatment.
- Ensure all cash flow hedges are appropriately documented in line with Corporate templates and US GAAP requirements.
- Ensure designated hedge is effective.
- Ensure all trades have been accurately entered into the FINDUR system (and/or any future system) by the Treasury department.
- Generate and check all related accounting entries advised by FINDUR system (and/or any future system).
- Ensure all cash flow hedges remain effective on a prospective basis and measure any ineffectiveness on a periodic basis.
- Complete related derivative disclosure book on a quarterly basis.
- Liaise closely with both internal and external auditors on all related SOX/internal controls and financial statement reporting.
- Any other reporting or analysis required by the Manager Financial Reporting.
- Support the Financial Reporting Accountant when required.
- Ad hoc project involvement to include but not limited to new system introduction and testing, and process improvement.
Ball Corporation is a provider of metal packaging for beverages, foods and household products, and of aerospace and other technologies and services to commercial and governmental customers. Founded in 1880, the company employs 18,700 people worldwide. Ball Corporation stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol BLL and is FTSE 300 listed her in the UK.
Who are we looking for?
- Previous experience of working with hedging, derivatives and commodities
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with US GAP reporting and derivative reporting within Industry and commerce or an Accountancy Firm.
- It is essential that you are ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- In addition to this, you will be personally driven to ensure the best exchange rates are received for the company.
- A working knowledge of FINDUR is an advantage
If you are interested in applying for this role please forward your CV to Melissa.email@example.com