Group Financial Accountant
Salary £35000 - £40000 per annum + Car allowance
Consultant Neil Rogerson
Date posted 15 September 2016
A Group Financial Accountant role has just become available with a leading Retail business in Manchester. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, this role offers outstanding career progression for a Chartered Accountant.
About the Group Financial Accounting role:
An opportunity to join this PLC's Group Finance team in a challenging and wide ranging role that offers experience in statutory reporting for a FTSE listed group, treasury management and tax. Ideal for a newly qualified accountant from practice looking to make a first move into industry. Reporting to the Group Accounting and Tax Manager, with regular exposure to senior management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Key role in preparation of annual and interim consolidated financial statements under EU IFRS. This will include preparing the consolidation and relevant disclosure notes, as well as drafting board papers on key issues where appropriate
- Coordination of statutory accounts process for subsidiaries (reporting under FRS 102)
Day to day Treasury Management
- Consolidation and analysis of weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts to report to the Group FD
- Reporting for the Group’s securitisation facility
- Day to day liquidity management
- Involvement in compliance process
- Project work on matters such as transfer pricing, Senior Accounting Officer and VAT issues
- Driving improvements in financial reporting across the Group
- Ad hoc project work as required
You will be recently qualified accountant (ACA/CA preferred) with a practice background or other relevant experience. Strong technical accounting skills with knowledge of both IFRS and FRS 101/102, Exposure to group consolidations would be advantageous alongside the ability to work independently and take responsibility for one’s own work. You will also possess ambition to develop in the role and progress within the Group.
This business is recognised as the leader in their field. The culture is challenging but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Group Financial Accountant role.
Apply today or call Neil Rogerson on 01612147400 to find out more.