Salary £50000 - £55000 per annum
Consultant Alex Badeni
Date posted 09 September 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a recently qualified Financial Accountant to join a global Mining company. This is the perfect role for someone looking to take there first step out of practice and have real growth and progression. It will be based in there stunning offices in Central London, and there will also be the possibility of travel to there global sites.
The Financial Accountant will sit within the Groups Finance team, and will be responsible for preparing and analysing consolidated information for monthly and quarterly reporting. You will have regular engagement with senior stakeholders and provide insightful analysis and commentary on the accounts.
- Interpret and cascade financial accounting/reporting policies, standards, procedures and timetables
- Ensure financial transactions and reporting are completed and reported in line with Group and local statutory requirements
- Act as point of contact for finance teams for reporting issues and queries, including issues encountered with the loading of their monthly results using Financial Data Quality Management (FDM)
- Assisting with the monthly consolidation process by calculating and posting consolidation journals in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Support the Group Financial Reporting Manager and Group Head of Financial Control with ad hoc analysis as required
- Prepare ad hoc accounting papers as required
- Ensure notes for interim and year end external reporting are prepared to a high standard and in line with agreed deadlines
- Review data submissions, ensuring accuracy with all validations cleared and/or understood
- Liaise with the auditors to ensure smooth and efficient running of the interim and year end audits
- Contribute to accounting issues papers and audit committee reporting as required
- Contribute to Group-wide finance projects. (Authority: Advisory, Auditing)
As Financial Accountant you will need experience of:
- Working on a group consolidation and interim and year end reporting
- Experience with analysis and technical accounting matters
- Demonstrated experience working within a team to deliver against stretch targets
- Experience of using Hyperion Financial Management and Financial Data Quality Management would be advantageous
The company really invests a lot of time in developing each individual and you will get fantastic exposure throughout the group.
If this role sounds of interest please apply directly or get in touch with Alex Badeni on 02075098896 or firstname.lastname@example.org