Consultant Mike Browne
Date posted 01 September 2016
One of the largest entertainment businesses in the UK is looking for a Financial Accountant to join their Headquarters in Manchester. The Financial Accountant will be required to provide support to the Group & Services Finance Manager and the Director of Financial Reporting & Control.
About the role
You will be responsible for ensuring accurate & timely reporting of the Group monthly accounts and consolidation. The Financial Accountant will manage a great team of Accountants and have the opportunity to offer Technical support to a variety of exciting group projects.
Financial Accountant Responsibilities
- Reconciliation of AL to GL, Goodwill, Intangibles & Investments
- Manage and reconcile Acquisition Remuneration, Put Liabilities
- Fully understand acquisition SPA’s, Operational agreement to ensure group are fully provided for future earn-outs.
- Complete Elimination journals (Intra-group Investments, Share Capital etc)
- Complete Goodwill, Intangible Impairment reviews
- Manage Investments, understanding future milestones, change in control, accounting treatment.
- IFRS2 accounting – Share Based Payments
- IAS19 accounting - Pensions
- Provide technical advice to RTR team as required
- Assist in completion of Complete annual PLC statutory accounts
- Provide cover for the Financial Reporting Manager as required
- Provide advice on complex Group accounting transactions and prepare Accounting Issues Notes as required
- Production of large group complex subsidiary accounts
- Liaison with Internal / External Auditors
- Strong academic background
- ACA (or overseas equivalent)
- Preferably looking for first move out of practice or worked in a large International PLC within Group
- Experience in producing PLC/Subsidiary accounts
- An excellent communicator, driven and ambitious with the desire to progress in a well-known FTSE 100 business.
- High attention to detail and an analytical approach; a strong team ethic and support others wherever necessary.
- Technical knowledge is up to date (IFRS, UK GAAP AND FRS 101)
- Exposure to Foreign Exchange and working with multiple currencies desirable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most high profile businesses in the UK and gain exposure within a FTSE 100 business.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Mike Browne on 0161 240 7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org