I am delighted to be exclusively working with a market leading, global business in Luton. My client is looking for a technically strong Finance Manager with good people management experience.
The Finance Manager will have a significant impact on internal and external stakeholders and drive business change from a finance perspective. The role requires the ability to engage the audience in the field of responsibility, support and contribute to change, bring in own ideas, and provide a full, clear, and presentable story about performance risk and opportunities. The Finance Manager will act as a linking-pin with the business environment, bring together people from different parts of the organisation to improve the finance function, people and organisation, and business performance, and challenge people in the organisation to continuously improve performance. Finally, the Finance Manager will be recognised as the finance conscience of the organisation, look after the reputation of the organisation, and ensure compliance with internal and external standards and regulatory requirements.
The key responsibilities of the role include preparing management accounts for several business lines with the support of the team, collaborating with management to develop schedules, procedures, and systems for timely and informative accumulation, adjustment, and reporting of financial data. The Finance Manager will supervise all accounting processes for several business lines, including gross profit reconciliation, OPEX review in collaboration with commercial finance managers, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, processing of various month-end journals, monthly journal review and control, and managing the month-end process.
• Prepare management accounts for several business lines with the support of the team
• Collaborate with management to develop schedules, procedures, and systems for timely and informative accumulation, adjustment, and reporting of financial data.
• Supervise all accounting processes for several business lines, including gross profit reconciliation, OPEX review, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, processing of various month-end journals, monthly journal review and control, and managing the month-end process.
• Drive business change from a finance perspective, engaging the audience in the field of responsibility, supporting and contributing to change, and challenging people in the organisation to continuously improve performance.
• Ensure compliance with internal and external standards and regulatory requirements, acting as the finance conscience of the organisation and looking after the reputation of the company.
The ideal candidate should be a qualified accountant, advanced Excel skills, and experience in management and financial accounting. Experience working in a strong service orientation, , organisational sensitivity, passion for results, problem analysing, planning and organising, promoting core values and driving business change.
The role of Finance Manager in Luton is offered with a £60,000 - £70,000 Salary + bonus, hybrid and great benefits.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates
Robert Walters is delighted to have partnered with a well-established and highly respected firm of chartered accountants based in Beaconsfield to find an Audit Semi-Senior/Senior/Manager. These roles have been created due to substantial growth and offer the chance for brilliant individuals to fast track their career advancement with an Accountancy Practice which, thanks to their strong connections locally to Top 10 firms, have ambitious plans which can only be met by hiring top tier talent.
£65,000 - £70,000 per annum + Extensive Bens Package
24 November 2023
A high-growth manufacturing start-up, commutable from Cambs/Suffolk, are seeking an Operations Finance Manager to support them as they embark on a period of significant growth. Presently, the business are at ~£15M turnover, with ambitious plans to take this to £100M+ in the next few years.
This is a newly created role, critical in building out the organisation’s Operations finance capabilities. Driving gross margin improvements is a key priority for this business in the next year, and this role will be critical in enabling them to understand both current performance vs plan and future opportunities.
The culture fit here is huge – it’s a high growth, start-up environment, and finding somebody who will fit in within an organisation looking to scale their brand fast, is crucial!