Salary £38,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Alex Daniel
Date posted 03 December 20192019-12-03 2020-02-01 accountancy Chester Cheshire GB GBP 38000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Broad role within a leading organisation. Would be well suited to a newly qualified accountant.
A leading PE backed business with a nationwide presence are looking for a newly qualified accountant to join their rapidly growing finance function as a finance manager. The company have a strong history and are looking to diversify their group offerings leading to fantastic growth.
As finance manager your responsiblities will be as follows:
- Management of a small team, you will take ownership of the group management accounts process for reporting and reconciling gross profit.
- Leading the end to end Management Accounts process for two smaller entities in the group.
- Overseeing the weekly and monthly invoicing process of group supplier Income; ensuring all income is fully reconciled in the management accounts.
- Review the financial and operational controls/processes around group stock and margin, supporting improvements where necessary.
- Assist with commercial decisions across the business with clear and concise financial analysis. This will involve business partnering teams such as Supply Chain, Retail and Buying.
- Produce clear and concise board level reports and be able to present these findings to senior management.
- Analysing and modelling high volumes of data from multiple sources across the business.
- Qualified accountants (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Previous finance experience involving FMCG is highly desirable.
- Previous experience of producing full sets of management accounts.
- A strong communicator who has previous experience of presenting financial information to senior management.
- Advanced excel skills are essential with previous exposure to working with complicated data sets.
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified accountant to join a business as a finance manager in an incredibly broad role within a highly regarded business.