Finance Business Manager
Salary Negotiable depending on experience
Consultant Lauren Freeman
Date posted 04 November 20192019-11-13 2020-01-03 aerospace Birmingham West Midlands GB b26 3qj GBP 45000 70000 70000 YEAR Birmingham Airport https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/careers-at-birmingham-airport-bhx.html https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/BHX_Proud Logo_Full280x80.jpg
Birmingham Airport are offering an exceptional opportunity for a Finance Business Manager on a permanent basis based at the Birmingham Airport site with a salary negotiable depending on experience.
I am currently recruiting positions for Birmingham Airport, which serves over 140 destinations via 52 airlines and is the UK's third largest Airport outside the south-east and the UK's seventh largest overall. The Airport is experiencing record growth and currently handles more than 12.5 million passengers a year. Furthermore, the Airport is continuing to invest in significant new projects to prepare for future passenger and airline growth. Birmingham Airport are currently securing key heads for their Finance team and are offering an exceptional opportunity for a Finance - Business Manager on a permanent basis based at the Birmingham Airport site. They are looking for a driven candidate who has strong experience in long term business planning, commercial financial management, business analysis and business partnering at a senior level, the salary for this position is negotiable depending on experience.
About Birmingham Airport
Birmingham Airport handles millions of passengers every year and that requires a huge team of people. Around 150 companies on site currently employ more than 8,500 people, whose jobs cover an enormous range of skills and provide opportunities within an industry that is set to expand over the coming years as the demand for air travel continues to grow.
Job Purpose a Finance – Business Manager at Birmingham Airport:
Forward looking Commercial Accountant working in a Business Partnering capacity to produce the Airport’s annual long-term planning and financial model. Managing the long-term business planning process, over 10 year timeframes to support the Airport’s strategic direction. Assisting Financial Controller with additional projects such as raising external funds, analysing expansion and profit maximisation opportunities. Responsibility for reporting compliance with the Airport’s banking covenants. To assist in the production of statutory accounts, ensuring auditors sign off accounts within Birmingham Airport time-lines.
Daily Duties of a Finance – Business Manager at Birmingham Airport:
- Handle all required Business Partnering to develop detailed short and long term Business Plans for approval by Directors and Shareholders
- Support Managers through the provision of financial input to the strategic planning
- Maintain, update and develop various key financial models
- Assisting Financial Controller with additional projects such as raising external funds, analysing and assessing capital investment projects and profit maximisation opportunities to include evaluation of new contracts as and when required
- Reporting within strict timeframes for financing covenant reporting
- Appraisal of capital investment projects, providing financial analysis to the Project Boards
- Production of information for auditors, banks, shareholders and other external bodies
- Assist in the production of statutory accounts, ensuring auditors sign off accounts within Birmingham Airport time-lines
- Carry out such other duties commensurate with the grading of the post which may be determined from time to time.
Requirements of Finance - Business Manager at Birmingham Airport:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- To have long term business planning experience
- Five years post qualification experience
- Ideally from the Retail Sector or have worked within a fast-paced environment
- Commercial financial management, utilising this to influence strategic decision making at the highest organisational levels
- Senior level experience business analysis and management information
- Proven financial planning experience, maintaining of financial models, registers, database
- Stakeholder engagement to include business partnering
- Assistance in the production of financial appraisals for investment purposes
- Working in a team environment, be enthusiastic and self-motivated, conscientious and hardworking with the ability to display determination and positive thinking
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business requirements
- Previous 5-year checkable history
Key Skills of a Finance – Business Manager at Birmingham Airport:
- Excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly numeric, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to interpret complex data
- Work effectively under pressure and to conflicting tight deadlines
- Effectively communicate financial information at all levels in a professional manner both verbally and written
- Develop and improve information flows both internally and externally of the department
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small team
- Capable of challenging and developing existing approaches and strive for continuous improvement
- Handle commercial financial management
- Competent user of Computer packages including Financial systems, Microsoft: - Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications
I wanted to see whether you may know of anyone within your network that may be interested in hearing more details regarding this opportunity, Robert Walters does offer an excellent referral rewards scheme.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, then please forward your CV and availability to email@example.com.