Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
Consultant Morgan Mocke
Date posted 01 November 20192019-11-01 2019-12-31 utilities London London 11 Slingsby Place GB WC2E 9AB GBP 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client is one of the biggest companies in the UK with operations over 30 countries. Due to recent expansion and increase in operating assets the company has been presented with significant opportunities to realise operational and commercial synergies and further enhance their skills base. Reporting directly into the Financial Controller the successful candidate will take a prime role within the Finance team managing all of the financial reporting for UK. The role also has accountability for the 13-week cash forecast process along with working capital analysis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supervise, support and coach a team of 4 finance taff to ensure they have the motivation and training to deliver the required levels of performance.
- Provide leadership and management to achieve high performance and effective service delivery; which will include planning the use of resources and staff effectively. This will include changes to duties and staffing requirements relating to improved or streamlined processes, the creation of opportunities for staff development and collaboration.
Cash forecasting and working capital
- Lead the 13-week cash forecasting process. Provide insightful commentary to help the Business Controller explain to the UK Board the main drivers of cash flow in the business.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure the forecast is aligned with the latest view of results. Prepare a rolling 3-month working capital forecast via a direct report and identify opportunities to improve the reporting process, lead business working capital reduction projects and increase understanding of the forecast.
Financial Information for decisions
- Produce high quality, relevant financial reporting information and KPI understanding. Explain and present the financial results to th UK CFO and the UK Financial Controller on a monthly basis to enable them to provide commentary to the UK Board.
- Provide high quality business analysis to alert senior managers to potential deviations from strategic financial objectives and work with them to ensure corrective action is taken by proactively making improvement recommendations.
- Compile and take accountability for the full set of financial statements for the UK organisation (12 legal entities) including profit & loss accounts, balance sheets and cash flow.
- Produce and coordinate the timely submission of the monthly financial statements to HFM in order to provide validity and accuracy to the financial statements for the UK Board.
- Coordinate the annual tax computations in order to provide accurate and timely information for tax computation to be submitted on time and in compliance with tax legislation.
- Work closely with senior managers to support effective working relationships with relevant accounting matters.
- Financial control and integrity of monthly financial statements
- Develop a robust control environment by proactively identifying financial and business control issues, implementing internal control processes and reviewing compliance with such processes. This includes the control of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Employee Expenses, Time writing, Fixed Asset and General Ledger functions ensuring the functions operate effectively and efficiently by maintaining an adequate level of internal controls.
- Review the monthly financial statements to ensure their accuracy, integrity, transparency and compliance with laws, UK GAAP and the companies accounting policy.
- Advise on accounting treatment for extraordinary and non-routine business transactions.
- Evaluate the impact of any new accounting standards and implement changes to the financial statements as and when required.
Process improvements and ad-hoc projects
- Develop and maintain an approach of continuous improvement to financial reporting, SAP and business process issues to ensure maximum value is added to business decision-making processes.
- Take a lead role by implementing major business process improvements assigned by the IOG UK Financial Controller. This part of the role will involve an element of project management and cross functional stakeholder engagement.
- Preparation of the annual statutory financial statements, including external disclosure notes for 12 UK legal entities and coordinate end-to-end delivery of the statutory accounts.
- Plan the year-end processes, including liaison and key point of contact with the external auditors; preparing the external audit and reporting timetable.
- Preparation of supporting audit documentation including accounting papers, UK GAAP reporting and impairment reviews to assist with the audit close process.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Business Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- Qualified accountant (ACA)
- Experience in a major international group
- Ability to use modelling tools and present outcomes simply and concisely
- Ability to use SAP (reports & workflow usage required)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Highly numerate with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Keen problem solver
- Team player
- Previous experience of line management is preferred
For more information please get in contact with email@example.com
Prompt responses will prove benefical.