Salary £45,000 - £52,000 per annum
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 23 October 20192019-10-24 2019-12-22 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 45000 52000 52000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Finance Manager | Public Sector | Manchester City Centre Salary – up to £52, 000 per annum An exciting opportunity to join a government organisation based in Manchester in the position of Finance Manager. We are looking for a financial professional who can demonstrate that they have solid financial accounting skills and knowledge, as well as the ability to transform systems and ways of working to deliver high quality financial services. You will have significant experience of working in finance at a senior level. Ideally you will have in-depth knowledge of UK Central Government accounting requirements. You should also have experience of process improvement and finance/reporting system implementation in a mid-sized organisation. Reporting to the Director of Resources, you will have excellent leadership and management skills.
The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CCAB Qualified with experience of preparing financial statements. You will also have experience of financial management within a public sector organisation.
Experience of interpreting financial standards, analysing complex written material and identifying and summarising key issues is essential.
You will lead the delivery of our clients financial accounting requirements and manage the accounts payable and payroll teams. This is a hands-on role that involves producing the year-end financial statements, advising on technical financial accounting issues, as well as ensuring compliance with the financial control framework.
Key responsibilities as follows:
- Operational financial leadership to support effective and efficient decision making across the organisation.
- Responsible for producing high quality interim and annual Resource Accounts.
- Providing advice on a range of technical financial accounting issues to senior management and
- Proving a high-quality accounting and payroll service, supporting the organisation to achieve its strategic aims.
- Preparation of reports and presentations to Executive Team, Audit and Risk Assurance Committee and Board as required.
- Responsible for developing the finance systems for the organisation, including specification of requirements and process improvements.
- To undertake cash flow management.
- To line manage the financial operations team in the provision of high quality, effective and efficient financial and banking services, in accordance with agreed service standards.
- To develop effective relationships with a range of external and internal stakeholders.
- To substitute for and make decisions on behalf of the Director of Resources when required and as necessary.
For further information please contact our Manchester office today. Otherwise forward your CV for immediate consideration.