Senior Finance Manager
Salary £65,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 18 October 20192019-10-18 2019-12-17 property-and-housing London London GB GBP 65000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a leading global property company, are looking to hire a Senior Finance Manager to join their head office in the City.
My client are currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager to join their Corporate team, to oversee the Corporate Accounting for the European arm of the business. This is a brand new role for the business, and a key hire for the finance team. You will reporting to the Financial Controller, whilst also working extremely closely with the Senior Directors.
Whilst a solid accounting background is clearly very important, the bigger focus is going to be on FP&A skills, and more importantly, your ability to business partner across Europe. You will be heavily involved in the business planning and strategy for the European region, and need to build strong relationships at a senior level, both in London and across Europe. Further, the Senior Finance Manager will play a key part in improving processes internally and driving efficiencies throughout the company.
This is an extremely varied management role, with a huge amount of commercial exposure and the ability to really demonstrate your business partnering and communication skills.
Key repsonsibilities include:
- Responsible for Corporate Accounting in European regions, including monthly financial reporting that will include monthly accruals schedule and working with Financial Controller on budget variance analysis.
- Prepare financial transactions and information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, balancing and reconciling figures, and making exceptions as necessary.
- Review budgeted revenue, expenses and payroll entries. Provide assistance to the budget owners for accurate reporting of expenditure.
- Support the financial controller with the preparation of the 5-year strategic plan for each region, preparing review material for presentation to Leadership Team.
- Assisting with development and implementation of accounting control procedures by analysing revenue and expenditure trends and recommending appropriate budget levels to ensure expenditure control.
- Acts as liaison to internal and external auditors by explaining journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to complete the audit in a timely manner.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to requests from owners, business leaders, community managers, and others related to financial reports, statements, and established budgets.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Balance sheet reconciliations packs completed for each region.
The ideal candidate wil be:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or similar)
- Previous experience in a multi jurisdictional business, ideally real estate
- Excellent oral and written presenation skills
- Proven business partnering ability at a senior level
- Solid corporate accounting background
- Previous team management experience preferred
To apply to this exciting opportunity, please get in touch over the weekend!