Commercial Finance Manager
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum + car, 20% bonus, pension, flexible working
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 27 September 20192019-09-27 2019-11-26 retail Liverpool Merseyside GB GBP 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This fantastic Retail organisation in Liverpool are looking for an experienced Commercial Finance Manager to join the business in an exciting role that can offer long term progression & development.
Reporting to an impressive Head of Commercial Finance, your core duties will include;
- Provide strategic, commercial and financial insight, advice and support to operational managers on all financial aspects within allocated business unit
- Lead and develop a team of part-qualified finance professionals to provide a high quality financial information to key stakeholders
- Advise & guide senior managers ensuring that business decisions are underpinned by sound and appropriate financial planning, analysis and expertise.
- Undertake financial modelling, scenario planning, business case preparation and option appraisal to support effective decision making and improved business performance.
- Effectively manage and develop key relationships with senior stakeholders - providing advice & key financial information to help inform strategic decisions
- Develop and own financial business planning and analysis for the entire business area(s). Own, prepare and deliver business performance insight and reporting including regular forecasting, commentary and identification of performance variances, ensuring that it is easily understood and fit for use by the business.
- Collaborate with both finance and operational colleagues to identify, investigate and implement remedial action to address issues impacting on financial and business performance.
- Oversee and be accountable for financial activity, reporting and practices for the business area ensuring they are subject to regular review
- Drive continuously improvement across the business, promoting sound financial and business management, accountability, efficiency and value for money
- Work collaboratively with the management team to ensure effective delivery of the wider service
- Fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA) with proven experience in a Commercial Finance Manager of Finance Business Partner position
- Proven leadership skills, with evidence of coaching and mentoring a team in a challenging, fast paced environment
- Significant experience of value-adding strategic business insight, working with all levels within an organisation
- Proven track record of building successful relationships with senior business leaders
- Ability to influence, negotiate and challenge at a senior level
- Ability to present complex financial information to a variety of audiences
- Strong analytical skills and experience of providing meaningful MI reports
- Commercially aware with a focus on continuous improvement and the ability to drive change
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
This is a fantastic opportunity for any Commercial Finance Manager or Finance Business Partner in Liverpool, looking for the opportunity to join a business that can offer genuine progression and long term development.