Commercial Finance Manager
Salary Bonus + Benefits
Consultant Katie Slingo
Date posted 27 September 20192019-09-27 2019-10-27 transport-and-rail London London GB N1 9AG GBP 50000 60000 60000 YEAR HS1 https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/H1S-logo.jpg
12 month maternity cover for HS1 as a Commercial Finance Manager. Paying up to £55k with bonus and benefits, based in Kings Cross.
Commercial Finance Manager FTC
About High Speed 1 Limited
HS1 Ltd holds the concession on behalf of the Department for Transport until 2040 to operate, manage and maintain ‘High Speed 1’ which is the UK’s first section of high speed rail; the 109 km of high speed rail connecting London St. Pancras International to the Channel Tunnel along with tunnels and bridges.
HS1 has the vison to become an ‘Employer of Choice’ and is proud of recently achieving silver accreditation for Investors in People and its Investors in People Health and Wellbeing award. We are fully committed to driving high levels of employee engagement and you will be joining a high performing team operating in a supportive team environment where you will be given the full opportunity and responsibility to develop your legal skills.
About the Role
This interim position within HS1 is to cover maternity leave and to provide finance business support to the commercial team. This role will report to the FP&A manager with a dotted line to the commercial director, ensuring that finance support is embedded in the commercial agenda, while maintaining an end to end overview of the commercial PL. This is the key finance business partner for the commercial team.
This role will be key to maximising the commercial performance within St Pancras International Station and the other 3 stations on the route while developing new opportunities
Key Responsibilities for the Commercial Finance Manager :
- Be the key business partner for the commercial team and the Commercial Director, owning the R&O list for the unregulated business.
- Own the commercial financials (PL and capex) from end to end supporting period and year end, reconciliations and business planning.
- Provide challenge and insight on the unregulated numbers, critically analysing new opportunities from a financial perspective
- Support car parks manager with PL management and commercial opportunity reviews
- Provide rounded insights into HS1 performance, such as performance YoY at peak times
- Owning the retail planning and car parks models
- Leading the quarterly retail re-forecast in line with the business planning process
- Manage the Commercial Finance Analyst.
- Ensure timely collection of rents due and support the Commercial Finance Analyst in managing tenants, in particular aged debt.
- Establish relevant KPIs and performance drivers and analyse performance, including pre and post investment appraisal
- Period end reporting for the retail and car parks PL and BS
- Look to further utilise Tableau to support the commercial team via financial metrics
- Ad hoc support and analysis as required
Key requirements for the Commercial Finance Manager:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent other)
- Strong Excel skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
- Business Partnering experience in a previous role
- High level of attention to detail and passion to get stuck into the numbers
Benefits on offer are:
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days annual leave per annum
- Life Assurance at 5 times salary
- Generous Group Personal Pension with Scottish Widows
- Discretionary Bonus
If you are interested in this position please contact me at Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02030366570.