Salary £320 - £350 per day
Consultant Jonathan Kerr
Date posted 23 September 20192019-09-23 2019-10-23 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester GB M2 5ND GBP 320 350 350 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters is representing a leading construction company based in central Manchester in their search for a Finance Manager on a 9 month contract.
This role would suit a CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified Finance Manager with the ability to provide accurate strategic financial information and leadership at contract level, who can ensure strict internal controls are maintained. Construction experience would be preferable but not essential.
Key duties include:
- Preparation of management accounts through to trial balance
- Preparation of monthly profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow
- Variance analysis of contract results for the Management Board
- Ownership and reconciliation of contract Project Bank Account; ensure operated within terms of contract
- Support contract quarterly forecasting process
- Managing cash recovery
- Challenging commercial team in monthly CVR reviews ensuring a true position is understood
- Support Commercial & Operational team to ensure there is full understanding and ownership of costs
- Working with Senior Leadership Team to drive contract performance improvement
- Supporting the commercial team with proactive engagement in the management of key contract balances including WIP, payments on account and cost accruals
- Liaising with site regarding stock control
- Preparation of cost reconciliations
- Support the monthly client invoice audit process
- Liaison with other contracts on inter-company balances and invoicing
- Maintenance of the accounting system via journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly overheads cost reporting
- Dealing with audit queries internally and externally.