Finance Manager - Commercial & MI Reporting
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Wendy Smith-Howes
Date posted 04 September 20192019-09-04 2019-10-04 travel-and-tourism Luton Bedfordshire GB GBP 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
8-9 month maternity contract working for this Employer of Choice as Finance Manager - Commercial & MI reporting based in Bedfordshire.
As Finance Manager - Commercial & MI reporting for this Employer of Choice based in Bedfordshire you will be responsible for providing robust reporting across the Group Purchasing Team.
The role will be varied and challenging and involve: -
- Involved in the design and implementation of the periodical reporting and be expected to provide insightful information for review by the Head of Commercial Finance
- Being accountable for the delivery the functions reporting functionality
- Supporting the weekly and monthly reporting packs as well as defining, assessing and implementing a development pipeline to automate our reporting and processes where it is viable to do so
- Support the strategic goals of the function through pro-actively identifying areas to build our reporting capability to support both the directors and purchasing managers
- Working closely with the project team to specify requirements for the reporting systems, reporting on monthly project performance, supporting trials as well as system testing where appropriate
- Organising large volumes of information in different formats, interpreting and delivering in a consistent format with the relevant insight
- Delivering key performance indicators on a periodical and ad hoc basis. This will include but not limited to passenger sales, hotel yield discount levels, cost base movement based on buyer output versus target and prior year, contracting performance, etc.
- With 3 direct reports, through your team, you will be responsible for the division’s target setting process, board packs, management reporting on divisional performance and day-to-day reporting needs
To be successful in this role:
- Minimum 3 years of experience of working with a finance function or a financial professional Qualified Accountant certification would be desirable
- Have proven team management skills are mandatory
- Analytical, accurate, numbers driven and process orientated person
- Have experience of systems development, building reports and process management, and ideally have knowledge of Business Objects report writing, SQL literate, Excel and Powerpoint. With a understanding of how data warehouses and relational databases work
- Outstanding commercial acumen
- Good track record of liaising and negotiating internally and with group stakeholders
- Role may require some ad hoc international travel
If you have the appropriate experience and skill set and can rise to the challenge of this role send me your cv to email@example.com