Senior Management Accountant
Salary £38,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Kay Edle
Date posted 13 August 20192019-08-13 2019-10-12 accountancy Watford Hertfordshire GB GBP 38000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters Finance & Accountancy are pleased to be supporting a retail business in Watford, on the recruitment of a Finance Manager position. This role will suit a strong Management Accountant who is now looking for a step up in their career. This is an excellent opportunity for a ACCA/CIMA Part Qualified or Qualified candidate who is driven and ambitious. The salary is £38,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
Robert Walters Finance & Accountancy are pleased to be supporting a retail business in Watford, on the recruitment of a Finance Manager position. This role will suit a strong Management Accountant who is now looking for a step up in their career. This is an excellent opportunity for a ACCA/CIMA Part Qualified or Qualified candidate who is driven and ambitious. The ideal person will enjoy and thrive to work in a past paced environment and work well under pressure. The role will be managing 2-3 members of staff. The salary is £38,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
The Finance Manager will report to the Finance Controller and be responsible for managing a team of 3. The key responsibilities are:
- Prepare management information reports on a weekly/monthly basis as required
- Preparing monthly management accounts within 5 days of the Calendar month end
- Preparation of the Year End financial statements
- Preparation of budgets, cash flows reporting on variance analysis with commentaries
- Providing a support service by working with all of management team to help make financial decisions
- Ensuring costs is kept in line with the budget
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
The ideal candidate will be someone who wants to make an impression in a role that allows them to be part of the senior management team. They will have a desire to understand the business and the key elements of performance whilst considering how this impacts their role and those around them. It will suit someone who is not afraid to be hands on and wants to develop their peers.
The right profile must be:
- Someone who is an experienced part qualified accountant in the later stages of study (CIMA or ACCA)
- Recent experience of working in a management accounts role – ideally within fast-paced retail
- Someone who is keen to manage
- Strong excel skills with the capability to manipulate large volumes o data
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally have experience of SAP
A well known retail company in Watford. The team are very welcoming and they always encourage internal promotions where possible.
Salary & Benefits
The role of salary of £38,000 - £40,000 plus pension and other company specific benefits. This role will be based in Watford. Free parking available onsite.
If you are have the relevant experience and would like to hear more than apply with your CV to Kay.Edle@robertwalters.com or call Kay Edle on 01727 617010