Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant James Dwyer
Date posted 09 August 20192019-08-09 2019-10-08 accountancy Brentwood Essex GB CM13 3AT GBP 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A fantastic opportunity at a growing and fast moving business. This role will suit an ambitious person that is willing to learn in order to progress with in the business.
The Finance Manager will be instrumental in the running of the team and will be considered as the future Financial Controller. The Finance Manager will take full ownership on all aspects of financial control and reporting. They will assist the Financial Controller and Finance
Director in making key decisions that will shape the Division’s overall strategy. This role will suit an ambitious and driven individual that is looking to progress their career.
- Own the financial and management reporting process for the Division alongside the Divisional Financial Controller, including oversight and review of the operating regions’ submissions.
- Preparing and analysing the monthly 5 Year Profit Forecast highlighting any opportunities to improve profitability and ROCE.
- Providing finance support to the Divisional CEO and Regional MD’s to identify and define information required to improve reporting and understanding of management information.
- Take a leading role in the review and control of the integrity of financial reporting particularly the financial reporting integration of new business deals.
- Financial modelling to support business decisions.
- Ownership of the weekly/ monthly cashflow forecast.
- Promoting and strengthening process and controls by identifying and executing projects on process improvements. Take a leading role in IT improvement initiatives.
- Manage a team of 5 which includes reviewing the team’s outputs and providing detailed feedback. Mentor and coach junior members of the team.
- Liaise with Group/ fellow Divisional finance teams to ensure consistent accounting policies and principles are being applied in the preparation of financial information.
- Key interface with the external audit team.
- Ad-hoc project work/ reporting as required by the business.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 4 years PQE.
- Strong technical acumen with a good understanding of IFRS.
- Effective communicator both with finance and non-finance professionals.
- Strong report writing skills with the ability to express financial results articulately at multiple levels up to Board level.
- Drive and ambition are essential to the role.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office with Excel at an advanced level.