Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Location St. AlbansCONTRACTOR
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 08 July 20192019-07-08 2019-08-07 accountancy St. Albans Hertfordshire GB GBP 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Excellent opportunity as Interim Finance Manager, required to cover maternity for a period of 12 months, on a fixed term contract basis, based in Hertfordshire.
Interim Finance Manager – 12 month fixed term contract
The role will have a split focus across the year. Initially, you will be the standalone finance business partner to the company’s largest division (operations), providing support to the division’s senior management on all matters financial. In order to do this, you must be prepared to be hands-on and maintain current BAU ways of working and reporting.
You will perform the month-end close, troubleshoot as necessary, analyse and make adjustments to results as required, and provide summary financial reporting and commentary to both Finance and Divisional senior management. You will also be the finance lead on project and change initiatives.
Later in the year, the role will expand to incorporate both team management of up to four (qualified and unqualified) and process improvement. Building on what you have learned during the first half of the year, process improvements will be needed to reduce the time demands being placed on the role moving forwards. The line management will include holding monthly one-to-ones with the team and ensuring individuals are on track to meet their annual objectives.
- Hands-on month-end close for division (including journal preparation and reconciliations)
- Provide reporting and commentaries to Finance and Divisional senior management
- Systems trouble-shooting
- Process simplification
- Ad-hoc reporting and project support
- Management of up to four
- Qualified accountant, with hands-on industry experience (manufacturing, or construction would be advantageous)
- Experience of senior stakeholder management – able to communicate and influence
- Strong Excel (main analysis tool – complex look ups and pivots at a minimum)
- Competent with PowerPoint – application of choice when presenting at month-end and in communications with non-finance stakeholders
- Previous management experience of finance teams of at least three