Assistant Finance Manager
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 03 July 20192019-07-03 2019-09-01 accountancy Macclesfield Cheshire GB GBP 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Assistant Finance Manager Macclesfield, Cheshire, Salary negotiable up to £45000 per annum Robert Walters are exclusively representing a largely successful Manufacturing business operating globally. This is a brilliant opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join a company with expansion plans giving exposure to a multitude of commercial projects and offering great prospects for career development.
The Qualified Accountant will report in to the Finance Manager and support with establishing and maintaining accounting controls. You’ll have strong Excel skills and support with the improvement of processes whilst providing support to the wider accounts team including purchase ledger and accounts receivable.
- You must be CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- Strong Excel skills along with good overall knowledge of IT packages
- A proven track record of producing all aspects of management accounts in detail from start to finish
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
You will be responsible for duties as follows:
- Assisting in the smooth and timely running of the monthly close cycle for the group
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts, analysis of product sales, analysis of manufacturing costs, indirect and direct costs
- Accruals and prepayments
- Responsible for intercompany balances
- Delivery of the month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Work closely with accounts payables, receivables and cash teams
- Working with the wider finance team to ensure the group and operating subsidiaries comply with applicable accounting standards
- Contribute to annual budgeting and reforecasting process through preparation of budgets and submissions to the group
- Assisting in the preparation of annual statutory and quarterly regulatory reporting obligations of the group
- Assist with submission of VAT return
- Work with external and internal audit to ensure all audit requirements are met in accordance with the timetables of the European entities
- Partner with other internal departments to implement projects related to IT enhancement
- Be proactive and identify opportunities to streamline and improve current processes.