Salary £52,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Hugh Almond
Date posted 03 July 20192019-07-03 2019-09-01 retail Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 52000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Business A renowned retail business based in Greater Manchester is currently seeking a Finance Manager to join the business on a permanent basis. The organisation that we're representing have surpassed all recent targets and are looking to build on an exceptional start to the financial year. The finance division that the successful candidate will be joining is well established and has a number of commercial projects that the individual will play a critical role in delivering. With a multi-site presence this role will span across the head office and another central site.
The Finance Manager position that Robert Walters are currently recruiting to will play a critical role in improving commercial performance, drive improvements and deliver key MI to aid better decision making by the executive team. Once in role the candidate will be responsible for liaising with senior stakeholders as well as general and logistic leads.
Specific duties include:
- Take ownership of key financial processes to drive commercial performance and margin delivery
- Develop a 1-3 year business plan in line with pre-defined projections
- Assist in the building, development and integration of a newly defined budgeting and forecasting process
- Influence and challenge commercial stakeholders across the business
- Business partnering with key stakeholders in order to deliver improved analysis, MI and data flows
- Analysis of specific monthly and quarterly results and provide recommendations to assist future business decisions
- Provide commercial recommendations relating to monthly and quarterly performance
- Liaise with business as usual and project finance teams to ensure KPI’s are delivered
- Preparation of complex Management Information (MI) for the executive board
- Responsible for building and analysing financial models that provide key financial information
- Become the key finance contact across a key business unit area and manage 2 part qualified members of staff
Candidates wishing to apply for this role will ideally have experience of working across a large, multi-site business. The candidate will be CCAB qualified and will ideally have experience of delivering commercial analysis and MI to a variety of senior managers. The candidate will have highly developed stakeholder management skills and will be well versed in liaising and influencing the most senior individuals across the business. The candidate will be commercially strong and will have experience of implementing and delivering improved KPI’s, budget processes, business plans and commercial models. The candidate will have the ability to prepare detailed MI, analyse information and make commercial recommendations to the executive team.