Senior Finance Manager - Operations
Salary £350 - £400 per day
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 27 June 20192019-06-27 2019-07-27 accountancy Hertfordshire Hertfordshire GB GBP 350 400 400 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters are currently recruiting a high profile interim finance role supporting both fulfilment operations and the recently announced joint venture relationship, where business partnering is key to the role.
Robert Walters are currently recruiting a high profile interim finance role supporting both fulfilment operations and the recently announced joint venture relationship, where business partnering is key to the role. The Finance team is an integral part of the company, providing business partnering, insight and reporting & analysis on performance. You will be working closely with various departments, including the director of fulfillment operations, operational teams and with the Retail finance teams.
The role involves owning the fulfilment operations P&L - The role will be supported by a team of 6 , including senior finance analysts, finance analysts and finance graduates.
● Providing value adding financial insight, support and challenge to the fulfillment operational teams and retail teams by building effective working relationships at all levels, including senior managers and with other departments in the business
● Lead the operational annual Budget and quarterly Forecast processes, providing healthy challenge, understand key drivers for cost variances, manage the communication of risks and opportunities inherent within assumptions to senior stakeholders (Directors, Heads of Finance) and ensuring correct and fair allocation of costs.
● Lead the periodic management accounts process, analysis and commentary, presenting to head of finance, fulfillment operations senior management team and finance teams
● Develop a detailed understanding of the operational drivers to highlight areas requiring course correction, identify on-going opportunities and risks (operational/balance sheet) and manage expectations with senior stakeholders (Directors, Heads of Finance)
● On boarding of new sites into business as usual process, identify trends to project the full year including recommendations on opportunities/ mitigating risks and a clear go to for the fulfilment operations director for financial recommendations
● Business Partnering: support, lead and influence the fulfillment operations Director & senior leadership team in decision making for commercial contracts, supplier tenders, pay reviews, business reviews and ad-hoc analysis etc.
● Business partnering the retail team, working closely with the team producing & reviewing periodic accounts, analysis and supporting with any questions, while maintaining a good working relationship
● Ownership, presentation and review of weekly KPI reporting. Providing insight for the weekly KPIs through accurate reporting and knowledge of the weekly operations at site.
● Maintain and enhance financial controls ensuring accuracy and robustness of reporting and continue to develop reporting for this business area.
● Continually identify and implement improvements to business processes to increase efficiency and ensure all costs are recorded accurately in the accounts.
● Manage a team of finance analysts, ensuring the team is being developed and work quality is of a high standard
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required
● Qualified CIMA / ACA/ ACCA accountant with minimum of +3 PQE experience
● Minimum 2:1 degree and other strong academic record
● Experience of reporting period management accountant, analysis and commentary
● Experience of budgeting and forecast
● Experience of strong business partnering and working in a matrix structure
● Advanced Excel skills
● Experience of business partnering with external customers/ stakeholders
● System skills including mainstream accounting packages e.g. Oracle, Hyperion